problems I forsee

Discussion on bringing the show back on tv. Is "My So-Called Life" going to be shown in your country? Note: See international airdates from the last years here.
worldsapart
Between Names

problems I forsee

Post by worldsapart » Sep 22nd 1999, 8:05 pm

Well, I don't really like to play devil's advocate very much, but I just happened to think of this so I thought I'd add it...I had a class last semester on electronic media and we did a lot about television networks/syndication etc. One of the things we learned is that when a network gets the rights to show reruns of a show, they basically "lease" it and they get to show each episode a certain # of times, usually two. If I can recall, MTV showed each episode AT LEAST twice (it always seemed like when I caught it on, I saw like the same 3 episodes over and over again and that's why I've still never seen them all), so they might not still have the rights to them. Now, I guess they could still try and negotiate a deal to pay some more $ and show them again, but I don't know (once again, I'm no where near an expert in the field). We would probably have to show A LOT of support to get them to put out more money for a show that was first shown in 1994. Not that I don't think it's "worthy" or something, just, like I said, playing the devil's advocate.

Tracey

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Re: problems I forsee

Post by emmie » Sep 25th 1999, 2:30 pm

I'm currently taking broadcasting classes at college so I know all about technicalities. true, we don't know all those little details about rights, but we should still try. but I'm pretty sure that at least 2 of their syndications did include all of the episodes. in any case, we need to at least get the show's name back into discussion over in their programming dep.