Is it possible to continue...

Discussion on bringing the show back on tv. Is "My So-Called Life" going to be shown in your country? Note: See international airdates from the last years here.
MYSOCALLEDLIFEDVD
Nicky Driscoll

Is it possible to continue...

Post by MYSOCALLEDLIFEDVD » Mar 6th 2006, 3:50 pm

Moderator note: Thread moved to the Revivals & Reairings Forum

I am wondering if it is at all possible for this show to be continued by another TV station or cable network or some other big company. What I mean is, would it be possible for some TV station to actually purchase the rights to this show, the rights to AIR it, and more important the right to continue writing the show, start off where the original show left off? Even if they have to use new actors.

At this point it is CLEAR we will NEVER see the original cast back together to continue the show, but is anything like this possible?

It would not be as good as the original show's actors and writers coming back, but at least we would have "Something".

DisplacedGopher
Frozen Embryo

Post by DisplacedGopher » Apr 19th 2006, 5:49 am

Apparently Buena Vista owns the rights to the show now. It's in their best interests to sell the broadcast rights for $$$ (syndication). And indeed, MSCL does pop up on some network every now and then. But there are only so many networks out there, and there are SO many old shows, that MSCL basically gets lost in the crowd, forgotten about.

As for whether the show would ever be "continued" with a different cast, there is virtually no possibility of that.

What we need is for Buena Vista to re-release the show on DVD.

sark
Frozen Embryo

Post by sark » May 31st 2006, 4:40 pm

Hey...I'm new to this board, this is my first post actually, and though I've never actually seen mscl I've read the scripts and am dying to get my hands on the DVDs. Isn't there any kind of petition or something we can do to show Buena Vista there really is interest in the show? I mean it's not that obscure, you can't turn on VH1 or E! without it getting a mention about being a great show. Not to mention that I googled the old DVDs and saw one set going for 700 dollars. Whatever...abc is run by monkeys.