MSCL taken off Family Channel Canada!

Discussion on bringing the show back on tv. Is "My So-Called Life" going to be shown in your country? Note: See international airdates from the last years here.
Alley
Frozen Embryo

MSCL taken off Family Channel Canada!

Post by Alley » Dec 5th 2005, 5:41 pm

I always try to watch the show on Family Channel Canada during the week. On Thursday night last week, I went to watch it and it was replaced with "8 Simple Rules". I emailed Family Channel and they sent a reply back:
"I would like to thank you for your e-mail. Here @ Family, it is always a pleasure to hear from our viewers with any comments they may have.
There's no doubt that our viewers have enjoyed one of the coolest shows from the past, "My So-Called Life". Because the show only made one season, there are only 19 episodes of the entire series.
Every Fall we change our programming schedule in order to introduce new and exciting shows, as well as bringing the freshest episodes of old favourites to our fans. Sometimes, in order to slowly introduce our new line-up, we might begin to remove a few shows. Unfortunately, "My So-Called Life" is no longer on Family for the moment.
There's no doubt that our viewers have enjoyed one of the coolest shows from the past, "My So-Called Life". Because the show only made one season, and there are only 19 episodes of the entire series, we had to make the difficult decision to remove the series from our schedule. I understand that fans can easily watch their favourite shows again and again, so I have placed a request in your name to our programming department for review and future consideration.
If you have any further questions, concerns, or comments please feel free to contact us by e-mail or toll free at 1-800-893-4862. A Customer Care Representative is available to take your call Monday through Friday from 9am to 9pm EST, and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 5pm EST.
Take care, Camilla @ Family"

This is crap! What is wrong with them! :(

Jaye
Tino

Post by Jaye » Dec 17th 2005, 2:29 pm

I was extremely upset when the folks at the Family Channel decided to take MSCL off the air. I do not believe that it was airing on any other Canadian television station, so our only MSCL source is now gone. It's good that people are writing in, but the station managers and advisors think they know best. I hope they do bring it back though and it was good on Family because they started off with the Pilot and aired the rest of the episodes in order. Also, there were no commercials. (Great for taping.) The thing that really upset me the most is that they cut the series off at the 3rd last episode. Couldn't they have waited for three more days just so that we could have seen the last three episodes? To all who have sent in complaints to the station, I thank you. Keep sending them in and hopefully we will see the show air again. :D

Andee
Tino

Post by Andee » Jan 30th 2006, 3:50 am

*sigh* :cry: It's so sad. I was and still am, incredibly dissapointed that it's gone. I mean, 8 simple rules is entertaining, but MSCL is sooo much more. It was like, part of my weeknight routine. Homework, eat, bath, MSCL.
Now they also have that stupid 'Popular" show. I thought that's what they had replaced it with...oh well. I was meaning to tape all of the episodes too, but never got around to it. *groan* I'm definitely never putting things like this off again.
~Andee~

--- "Not that i've ever been to another country..."