The-N not airing the Pilot.. again

Discussion on bringing the show back on tv. Is "My So-Called Life" going to be shown in your country? Note: See international airdates from the last years here.
whitespy12
Three Rivers Resident

The-N not airing the Pilot.. again

Post by whitespy12 » Jul 26th 2004, 12:09 am

If anyone read my last topic, "The-N reairing MSCL from the beginning... the right way", you should probably disregard it completely. You see, although TVGuide.com's listings, as of the time of writing this, still state that the Pilot will air at 12:00am EST on Tuesday, July 27th, it is apparently false. I was flipping through the listings guide on my Digital Cable box, and I was shocked to find out that, not only is The-N not showing the Pilot as planned, but it's completely abandoning MSCL's 12:00am EST timeslot for one week (I also checked The-N.com's TV listings and they state the same). Thats right, The-N, for the next week, will only be airing MSCL reruns at 4:00am EST, starting with "Dancing in the Dark". According to The-N.com's TV listings, MSCL will return to the 12:00am EST time on Tuesday, August 3rd, with "The Substitute". These are all based on the TV schedule found at The-N's official website, which I'm assuming are more accurate than TV Guide.com's listings.
"I'm hungry, I want eggs" - Claire Danes' impression of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Late Night with Conan O'Brien (January 22, 2003)

toolostinyou
Jody Barsh

Post by toolostinyou » Aug 25th 2004, 4:46 pm

they're giving it at 12 again??? i've been checking and they never give it. i'll check tonight, but i'm sure that they give clueless at midnight instead. i hate that they give it at 4AM. the n sucks.
"Apparently Delia Fischer smiles at everyone. She probably comes from one of
those small towns where everyone's friendly and smiles at you for no reason.
I hate that type of town."
-- Brian

whitespy12
Three Rivers Resident

Post by whitespy12 » Aug 25th 2004, 10:11 pm

Sorry, I probably should have followed up on this a while ago. When I made this topic, The-N's online schedule only indicated that the show would abandon it's 12am timeslot for only one week. After that week, the schedule did, in fact, state that that the show would be on at 12am again the week after. I remember the day it was supposed to be on at 12am again very well... I sat down, got ready to watch some good tv... and suddenly Clueless came on. I kept checking back at the on screen guide and, even while Clueless was on, its still said that MSCL was on. So I immediately threw some pretzels at the TV, turned it off, and I believe I came here.

So yeah, don't be confused by my post, My So-Called Life is still only at 4am EST. And yes, even though they're at least gracious enough to air the show at all, The-N does suck. Unless they reschedule it at a reasonable time soon, in which case I'll be happy.
"I'm hungry, I want eggs" - Claire Danes' impression of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Late Night with Conan O'Brien (January 22, 2003)

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Aug 26th 2004, 10:19 am

Why not set your VCR to record the episodes so you don't have to stay up and can watch them later like we used to do in the old days before DVD?
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

frozen embryos
Nicky Driscoll

Post by frozen embryos » Sep 25th 2004, 9:18 pm

i've got no problems with 4am air time, i've gotten used to it, so now i have a mild case of insomnia, which i shouldn't complain since i'm wide awake able to watch mscl

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 26th 2004, 9:49 pm

Nothingman wrote:Why not set your VCR to record the episodes so you don't have to stay up and can watch them later like we used to do in the old days before DVD?
Haha, "the old days."

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

schris
Between Names

Post by schris » Oct 15th 2004, 5:40 pm

Nothingman wrote:Why not set your VCR to record the episodes so you don't have to stay up and can watch them later like we used to do in the old days before DVD?

Ha! That is what I am doing right now! 2 am is way too late for me and I love that I will have them all (except for the pilot :( ) to watch any time I want!! But on the other hand I wish that I did have them on DVD.... owell

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Oct 15th 2004, 5:59 pm

if Family keeps re runing it I'm happy to tape the pilot for anyone who wants it.not sure my quality is grrreat, but hey you'd have it. You can PM me. basically just cover the cost of shipping and I'm totally happy.
"So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the "burning marl." Old wive's tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. HELL IS - OTHER PEOPLE!"