MSCL to air on "The N/Noggin" (USA) in April 2004

Discussion on bringing the show back on tv. Is "My So-Called Life" going to be shown in your country? Note: See international airdates from the last years here.
TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Apr 6th 2004, 9:19 am

Another thought came to me. How can they start the series without the pilot episode? "Pilot" sets up the whole show.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 6th 2004, 11:35 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It was made in 1992 I researched it
Jordan Cadalono(Jared Leto)is really old now.
That is a post from their forums :lol:

We are really old. :(

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Apr 6th 2004, 12:17 pm

Ugh. I can feel myself turning to dust as I write this... :shock: I am old!

Mind you, two minutes of reading that forum made my eyes bleed :roll: . It made me so glad we've got this little forum. It might not have the traffic, but it's a pretty intelligent community we've got here!

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Apr 6th 2004, 12:18 pm

and to top it all off, that was my 666th post!

I'll have to hatch some demons or something..... :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Apr 6th 2004, 12:19 pm

'92? Oh my God!, that's like so 10 years ago. They must have showned it after I Love Lucy or something. And look at those 80's clothes, can you believe someone actually wore that, seriously, like get a clue. I'm amazed it's even in color. I mean look at it, they didn't even have cell phones, how did they even survive. I would of just killed myself if I didn't have my cell phone, this show is so out of touch.

:roll: (insert image of smiley face with walker here)
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 6th 2004, 12:31 pm

:microwave:

That is how I felt reading that forum. I didn't understand why they were freaking out about the show being so "old", but then I realized these kids were just a glimmer in their parent's eyes when MSCL originally aired.

Kinda sad to see MSCL getting such a negative reaction there though, one post actually said some old shows are good, like Full House :shock: :shock: :shock: WTF? You like Full House but you don't like MSCL? Something is wrong with this world.

I wonder why Noggin didnt show the pilot, is it possible they didn't want to confuse these kids since there was a long time between Pilot and the second Ep?

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Apr 6th 2004, 12:59 pm

Full House is more eaisly digestible. Personally, I can't stand it, most of all DJ's giant head annoys me; but that's beside the point. Maybe being introspective is out, it's easier to let pop culture feed you your ideas. Maybe it's because the current generation of high schoolers was raised by the electronic baby sitter. I don't know, what I do know is I'm offically sounding old and I loosing my ability to relate to kids. Wonder what it's going to be like in 15-20 years when I show it to my kids? Ahh, now that I think about how long it's going to be untill I would have kids who could relate, I feel a lot better. Of course by then out 15 yrs old will be their 11. I'm going to go listen to some Nirvana now, and be less introspective, unless of course that makes me a shallow person.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Apr 6th 2004, 3:21 pm

I showed "Pilot" to a junior high school class several years ago when I was subbing. There were two reactions. Some of the kids loved it. Some of them hated it. Boys, I think, were more apt to hate it. Some of the girls wanted to see more episodes.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Post by Guest » Apr 6th 2004, 5:19 pm

Ok I'm 15 and I just want to say I love this show. I bought it on dvd for my birthday(which was last month). My sister who will be 20 this year watched the show when she was younger. My mom thinks its funny because I love Nirvana and MSCL, she thinks I'm going to start wearing flannel shirts(I'm not the kind of teen that gets my stuff from A&F or AE). and about the post from the n about jared I dont think he is really old, he is only 32.
Jess

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Apr 16th 2004, 5:37 am

andrewgd wrote:
Sascha (sab) wrote:"The N" website also maintains a special MSCL forum: http://www.the-n.com/mb/viewforum.php?f=2623
Thats soo cool reading all those posts. I absolutely love how they all think its from the 80s. Geeze, we didn't look that bad, did we? Wow, with the Cobain memorials, and now this coming up, I've just realized it has been 10 years since I went through all that 'starting highschool' junk. Wow. Early 90's. How weird.

Ok, now I feel old.

Has anyone posted on their boards how there is this whole communitiy of old geezers who watched it when it first game on? Maybe we should send an ambassador over to lead them this way. :)
:idea:

The early nine-oughts? Reminds me of my first compacted-discotheque dynamo. It weighed sixty tons, filled a large house, and required a dozen doughty Irishmen to shovel coal into the boilers...

[/receding gumline]
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Guest A

Post by Guest A » Apr 17th 2004, 5:09 pm

I'm 16 years old and I have been watching the-n for about a couple of years. I have reason to believe that those kids don't understand what life is about. I bought the whole series before I had even watched it and my decision was because of everyone at this board and I was blown away. Afterwards I went to the-N message board (onto wich I never posted) and almost everyone there was blasting it. I really don't understand teenagers, I know I'm 16 but I have more depth than most people. I guess that's why I read my books while everyone talks about "Guess who like who." or "My cell is so much littler than yours." Teenagers these days are more concerned about sex and looks. I guess I'm more concerned about my morals. Oh well, just don't go to the forums because they will piss you off.

BeCuZ EuRonE ThErE LykEs 2 TaLk LiKe Dis HeRr....

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 15th 2004, 5:42 pm

So I was reading a discussion of MSCL at another site, and all the people (well, ok, there were only four of them) were talking about how the show is reairing on Nickelodeon. Is this N -network connected to Nick, or are these people just very confused? I think it's safe to assume that the regualr Nickelodeon chanel is not airing MSCL.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 16th 2004, 11:37 pm

I could be wrong, but I think The N is a teen-oriented spinoff of the Nickelodeon channel.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

JammerMan
Nicky Driscoll

Post by JammerMan » Aug 17th 2004, 12:54 am

Nostradamus wrote:I could be wrong, but I think The N is a teen-oriented spinoff of the Nickelodeon channel.
Yeah. But I don't see Nickelodeon airing MSCL. It's way too intense for Nick. :?
Jordan: Hey, I know that girl.
(Angela looks at Jordan and smiles)
Jordan: Angela!

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 17th 2004, 6:15 pm

Nostradamus wrote:I could be wrong, but I think The N is a teen-oriented spinoff of the Nickelodeon channel.
Ditto.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."