That small rainy Island otherwise known as Britain

Discussion on bringing the show back on tv. Is "My So-Called Life" going to be shown in your country? Note: See international airdates from the last years here.
Jon_uk
Tino

That small rainy Island otherwise known as Britain

Post by Jon_uk » Sep 6th 2000, 7:49 pm

Not being of yankish desent, and being stuck on this small out of the way island, i was wondering if there are any other Brits out there and whether they know if My So Called Life, is ever again going to be shown on British televion. It seems like something Ch4 might show, on T4, but i suppose thats a long shot? any relevant news would be much appreciated.

richard
Liberty High Student

Re: That small rainy Island otherwise known as Britain

Post by richard » Sep 6th 2000, 9:35 pm

it's on trouble in the moringings at present (cable/Satalite) but Channel 4 say they have no plans to re-purchase the rights

Post by Guest » Sep 7th 2000, 6:08 am

Oh dear, I've forgotten my password after only a week on this board - I'd usually log on a 'Doggles'.
Anyway - Channel 4 (UK) put a reply to your very question on their message boards a while back and the basic gist of it was that when they originally bought the rights, they bought the rights to show it once, and to repeat it once - both of which they have done. So if they wanted to show it again they'd have to repurchase the rights, which they said they do not do as a rule.

But we can live in hope. {:)

ps. I've got the My So-Called Life DVD winging its way to me from the States as I write this - I'll let you know if it plays ok in a UK player.

SarahHall82
Tino

Post by SarahHall82 » Sep 7th 2000, 3:33 pm

I know exactly how you feel, luckily for me we have Sky so I've got them all recorded off Trouble....boy did those showings totally rule my life or what ? My whole family got way p***ed off with me over how many ever weeks it was on for and then they like repeated them all over again anyway afterwards. ANYWAY !!!! There's also a really good auction site for MSCL at Ebay where loads of stuff is auctioned off funnily enough, unfortunately it won't let me sign up so I couldn't get a poster or signed cast photo......damn.
Oh well, I've been no help WHATSOEVER and I'm sorry !
Sarah
:-}

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Jul 11th 2001, 3:40 pm

Apparently Channel 4 were only contracted to air the series twice, which they have done! .....so guess I'll just have to buy 'sky tv' if the DVD's don't come out! (I'm missing two episodes on video!)

"And dance by the light of the moon!"