MSCL in 5 years

Discussion on bringing the show back on tv. Is "My So-Called Life" going to be shown in your country? Note: See international airdates from the last years here.
complexdave
Frozen Embryo

MSCL in 5 years

Post by complexdave » Feb 3rd 2003, 5:50 am

I'd like to see a 1 - 2 hour special of MSCL in 5 years that brings all the characters back and ties all the loose ends. I think the show Who's the Boss did that. Everyone came back for one show...and it just kinda sealed the package and it was something special for the hardcore fans.

queenbri2244
Tino

brilliant

Post by queenbri2244 » Jul 20th 2003, 11:54 pm

i think that's a good idea. that's kinda the best and only way that it could be done. too much time has pased so the actors couldn't even reprise the role for a special episode. and the magic won't be there if they use different actors. hope they do. but jared seems a little stand-offish about acting now.
Huge events take place on this earth every day. Earthquakes, hurricanes, even glaciers move. So why couldn't he just look at me? ~Angela

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jul 21st 2003, 4:40 am

Nah, I think the chapter "MSCL" is closed and should stay closed. There's no gurantee that such a reunion episode would even come close to the high expectations the fans build up during the past 10 years. If you want a "15 years later" show, just watch a few episodes of "thirtysomething" or "Once & Again". You'll find some MSCL-themes there.

However, I would welcome a reunion episode in the way it was done earlier this year for "Married with children": Almost all main characters came together on the original soundstage and talked about their experiences on the show, filled with short scenes from past episodes and outtakes etc.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 21st 2003, 4:52 am

I agree that a reunion would be ill-advised at this point. One of the reasons why so many people still love MSCL is because it was left open-ended so neither Brian fans nor Jordan fans feel betrayed - they are free to imagine that Angela chose whomever they like. Most reunion shows leave fans feeling very disappointed (despite the fact that most fans yearn for a reunion show) - very little can live up to the original or fan expectations. I did like the Married with Children reunion because everyone was able to share their behind the scenes stories and reminisce. I guess that's why we love those E! True Hollywood Story specials.

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 22nd 2003, 12:32 pm

candygirl that is such a good idea!!! the true hollywood story!!! even though it was only on for one season i still think that would be a great idea!!!
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life