MTV

Discussion on bringing the show back on tv. Is "My So-Called Life" going to be shown in your country? Note: See international airdates from the last years here.

MTV

Post by Guest » Dec 14th 2002, 5:02 pm

I was wondering if any of you die hard fans on the board have ever written to MTV to see if they would another MSCL marathon.

That would be cool for them to do.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 14th 2002, 9:16 pm

MTV no longer has the rights to air MSCL. Fox Family aired the series (very briefly and heavily edited) in 2000. Due to the DVD release, it is unlikely that the show will be aired in the US any time soon.

Syndication and DVD releases of the same show often cause conflicts. Why have only two out of thirteen seasons of the Simpsons been released on DVD? Why have only two out of six seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer been released on DVD? Because some stations coughed up a LOT of money for the rights to air reruns on television. FX is only airing seasons 3-6 of BtVS now, but with the season 3 release in January, it's possible that they will show season 3 a few more times and then only air seasons 4-6 (pure speculation on my part).

The stations pay money to air these shows in order to get people to watch their channel, which is why the DVD releases are so slow sometimes.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Dec 16th 2002, 6:38 pm

Yes, I have sent e-mails to MTV to show the ep's. again. I did that back before their rights expired and I'm sure a few times after they expired. Nothing ventured/nothing lost I guess.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Dec 16th 2002, 10:57 pm

I don't know if you guys have heard of the Cable Station Trio, but they are running MSCL now. There's a big bus campaign for it and other cancelled shows the station runs. It's channel 102 here in NYC. I'm not sure of the time or day the episodes air. I just found out about it myself. Maybe someone else knows a little bit more than me.
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 16th 2002, 11:27 pm

For those of you who have Trio (I don't :( ), you can view the schedule for "Brilliant but Cancelled" here

I'm kind of confused because there is a huge picture of Angela in their "Brilliant but Cancelled" ad, but when I clicked on it, I was directed to the BbC page which lists the Ernie Kovacs Show, Now and Again, Action, the Famous Teddy Z, Kolchak: the Night Stalker, United States, the Greatest Shows You Never Saw, Gun, East Side/West Side, Profit, Brilliant but Cancelled, Face Time, and Perfect Pitch - in other words, MSCL is not included.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Dec 27th 2002, 1:53 pm

I spent a good deal of time checking up on TRIO over the Holiday and from what I can tell they are running old cancelled shows from start to finish on certain days. In other words, they will run ep's. of a show all day/night long on say Mon. and then a different show all day long on Tues. and another on Wed. and so on. I could not find on the schedule if/when they are going to show Life. Perhaps they have already run the 19 ep's. I did catch the 90 minute documentary titled Brilliant but cancelled which had interviews with some producers/directors (including M. Herskovitz) and they did a very short bit on Life and Once and Again. They also devoted a few minutes to Freaks and Geeks. It was interesting but depressing.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 28th 2002, 5:28 pm

They aired MSCL but not Relativity... damn! :(

EDIT: Sorry. That was OT, I know.

I am glad somebody aired the show (how did they get the rights?). Some of the other shows are pretty good too.

FWIW, I don't have the channel either.

Gary

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Dec 30th 2002, 1:29 pm

I was intrigued by the coverage they devoted to Eerie Indiana on the documentary. I think I would like to see that. Looked interesting.

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sep 21st 2003, 8:28 pm

I remember Eerie Indiana... Wow, haven't heard of that show in YEARS.

I wouldn't think MTV would show MSCL nowadays anyway, even if they did have the rights. They cater to different genres now.

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 22nd 2003, 12:29 pm

i wonder how much it costs to get the rights to the show?
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

CrimsonGlow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by CrimsonGlow » Oct 15th 2004, 10:49 am

Actually, I think MSCL is just way too good for MTV nowadays, especially with the lowest state MTV is in.
"Seeing a teacher's actual lunch is like, sooo depressing"