New MSCL book

Discussion about the "My So-Called Life" books. NEW: "Dear Angela", a collection of essays about the show.
Alee
Three Rivers Resident

New MSCL book

Post by Alee » Jan 2nd 2000, 10:13 pm

Has anyone read the new MSCL book? I was just wondering if anyone agrees with me, because I hated it. I mean, some things were just too ridiculous....I could never imagine them ever happening if the show went on. And little things, too....too many to mention.

ataris
Three Rivers Resident

Re: New MSCL book

Post by ataris » Jan 2nd 2000, 11:31 pm

I thought the book was really bad too, the characters were out of character in most of the book. They called Patty and Gram Mr. and Mrs. Chase. I don't know about you but I know them as Patty and Gram. There was just a bunch of little stuff like that, that bugged me. I would mention more things but I don't wanna give the book away to those of you who haven't read it yet. But, I have to say I love anything mscl so I couldn't get enough of the book even though I didn't like it, oh sorry I don't know how to explain my self.

Alee
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Alee » Jan 3rd 2000, 12:48 am

No, I know what you mean...even though it's bad and unbelieveable or whatever, you still like to read about MSCL...I can't explain it either, but I know what you mean.

Alee
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Alee » Jan 3rd 2000, 12:57 am

I know, plus there's just too many little things to mention. And of course there's you know who sleeping with you know who, which is just completely ridiculous.

ataris
Three Rivers Resident

Post by ataris » Jan 3rd 2000, 1:24 am

yeah i was gonna mention that before but I didn't want to give it away.but those are the last people I ever dreamed would end up sleeping together.

Alee
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Alee » Jan 3rd 2000, 2:06 am

Exactly...I was gonna too. Weird...not really, but anyways.

soma
Liberty High Student

Post by soma » Jan 3rd 2000, 5:23 pm

hehe, when the book first came out i wrote this HUGE post about why i hated it. but since the board throws off posts after certain dates (i think), it has now drifted into cyberspace. suffice it to say, the majority opinion on this board was that the book sucked. big time. :)

msclrules
Liberty High Student

book

Post by msclrules » Nov 25th 2004, 2:17 pm

the book is very good, but i did notice one thing: it can be a little out of character at times!

i mean its really hilarious, but i doubt that brian krakow and rayanne's mom could possibly have sex and wuts wit jordan bein so commited to angela? definitely out of character!

but its possible for ricky and corey to be developing a relationship and sharon being pregnant sounds typical!!

but i dont care wats out of character, the book is so DAMN GOOD! :D
~msclrules~

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Nov 25th 2004, 6:06 pm

Even though majority says that the book is bad... I still really want to read it! I want to just ... well I want to! But it like cost $50 everywhere! :cry: Does anyone know where I could get it for less?

Do Libraries actually have it??
Moltar- Well hey, Thom asked me if he could see my knife, and Thom's doing a song about knife, and he wanted to see what one looked like. Isn't that right Thom? (Pulls out knife again)
Space Goast- (Turns to Thom Yorke) Is that right?
Thom- ...No.
Space Goast- Cuz it sounds like a good idea... so do it.

-Space Goast With Thom Yorke

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 26th 2004, 9:09 am

TooCool4Skool wrote:But it like cost $50 everywhere! :cry:
That surprised me too. A year ago, this book was available for around $3 at amazon marketplace --- now there's someone actually asking $148 for it! That's insane... I mean it's just a lousy paperback edition with 212 pages.

You may get lucky at auction sites like ebay (right now there's an auction standing at $8.50, but one day left to go) or check local flea markets, garage sales etc. Libraries might have it too, it depends on the size of the library... Some libraries offer so-called interlending services where they request a copy of the book from another library - but that costs too.

blueone
Overlooked Sibling

Post by blueone » Nov 26th 2004, 8:05 pm

This is what happens when something no longer is being produced. Luckily I bought both books (My So-Called Life & My So-Called Life Goes On) for less than $10 :) I'm not gonna sell them though, they are nice collectibles!

I suggest anyone who wants a copy of the book to contact the publisher, maybe they have some books left.