An analization of the Chases' house

Discussions about the production process of the show (locations, shooting order, or any other technical aspects).
Vertigo
Tino

An analization of the Chases' house

Post by Vertigo » Oct 25th 2004, 7:03 am

Okay, well first I have to say that I LOVE the Chases' house. In fact, when I eventually do buy my first house, I would want it to be very similiar to the style of the Chases' house (which I understand is Craftsman style bungalow) and even would want to decorate it the same way. Not that I'm obsessed with the house, but I just really love everything about it. Here are some questions about the house though. Some can probably be given real answers, and others are more just "What do you imagine" questions... Here is what I have thought about:

1. Where is the bathroom on the first floor? I don't remember the name of the episode, but there is a scene when Hallie and Brad come over for dinner and Hallie needs to use the bathroom. Graham says it's "right around the corner" though we never see it. I would imagine that there's a small little half bath in the "mud room." That's the room that has the door to the back of the house.

2. Where do the Chases do their laundry? I would guess in the basement, though walking up two flights of stairs to get back up to the bedrooms would be a bit of a pain. Or possibly in the mud room.

3. Are the walls in the living room painted or is that wallpaper? I was actually watching MTV Cribs the other day (don't really know why) and there was a sports celebrity who had (at least it looked like it) the exact same wall treatment in his bedroom that the Chases' had in their living room! It's kind of a beighy blotchy look.. Hard to describe, but look at the follow picture and you'll know exactly what I mean:

http://www.mscl.com/chasehouse/images/living_23.jpg

What other questions have you thought of regarding the house?
"Duh, squared."

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Oct 25th 2004, 12:53 pm

The thing I remember about the house was the green fireplace. Never saw a green fireplace before. It was a cool house.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Vertigo
Tino

Post by Vertigo » Oct 25th 2004, 7:16 pm

Another question.. Did the Chases have a garage? I imagine that they had a 2 car detached garage at the end of their driveway (not too far from the house) and that it was the same blue color as their home.
"Duh, squared."