Toad the Wet Sprocket

Talk about the soundtrack of MSCL. You can find a list of songs played in the episodes here.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Post by Sascha » Apr 30th 2009, 4:38 am

"My So-Called Life" gets mentioned in an article in the Beaver County Times about the band "Toad the Wet Sprocket":
Dinning was delighted when “Fall Down” turned up prominently in an episode of ABC’s “My So-Called Life.” Recalled Dinning: “there was no cooler show at the time.”

http://www.timesonline.com/articles/200 ... 320267.txt

His_Girl_Red
Jody Barsh

Re: Toad the Wet Sprocket

Post by His_Girl_Red » Aug 3rd 2009, 10:10 pm

I LOVE Toad the Wet Sprocket!!!! I was so upset that they weren't included on the soundtrack!
"I was goin' nowhere,
goin' nowhere fast.
Drownin' in my memories,
livin' in the past.
Everythin' looked black 'til I found her.
She's all I need, and that's what I said.
Oooh, oooh, oooh, I call her `Red'."

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: Toad the Wet Sprocket

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 18th 2014, 9:47 am

So, Toad the Wet Sprocket opened for Counting Crows last night (head nod to my ol' pal Nothingman if you're still around at all) and I have a vague 90's familiarity with Toad's music -- their radio songs and the few songs I know from soundtracks (pretty sure they're on Empire Records, etc.) so each time they played a song I knew it was kind of a surprise, then one song starts and I'm like, 'oh... i know this song..." then the chorus comes and big visions of Rayanne buying booze and passing out invites in the Liberty parking lot in that gold dress hit me right away. :mrgreen: It was a great show (both of them, actually.)
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !