W.G. Snuffy Walden's MSCL score

Talk about the soundtrack of MSCL. You can find a list of songs played in the episodes here.
JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » May 19th 2004, 9:06 pm

"Brilover81

Posted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:57 pm Post subject: MSCL theme song

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I the only person who has noticed the similarity between W.G. Snuffy Walden's "My So-Called Life Theme" and "St. Elmo's Fire," by John Parr? If you listen closely, the tunes are very similar. I think it's rather odd, and I wonder if W.G. Snuffy Walden got his (?) inspiration for the theme song from "St. Elmo's Fire."

If anyone has any insight into this, please share! "

----------

How awesome I wasn't completely out of my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike B
Nicky Driscoll

Snuffy's Underscore - Anyone Have It?

Post by Mike B » Jan 18th 2008, 7:33 pm

Hi all!

I'm really enjoying the show's underscore. By any chance, does anyone happen to have it on cd? I have Snuffy Walden's disc, by the way.

Cheers,
Mike

TheAJSite
Frozen Embryo

MSCL theme at the end of The Zit

Post by TheAJSite » May 2nd 2008, 9:26 pm

well I am just listening to the end of "The Zit" where a variation of the main theme is played I think one could extend that theme to about an hour at least I would like that :)

so are there any extended or alternate versions of the MSCL theme around? Snuffy why not create one?

guess I would not be the only one who would love that I mean keeping the DVD menu of the Shout edition I have running where a short version of the theme is continously repeated is one thing but an epic version of that theme would be something else ...

oh and precise guitar tabs would be appreciated too although I seemed to figure out G-A-C at least now maybe I should start a band :lol:

His_Girl_Red
Jody Barsh

Re: ANGELA SMILED

Post by His_Girl_Red » Aug 3rd 2009, 10:14 pm

Guest wrote:The latest release by....W.G. Snuffy Walden. Has anyone bought it? I was wondering how long this song really is. I'd LOVE to hear the full length version but not sure I want to spend 12.00 bucks for just one song. Is there a MP3 anywhere of this track? Does anyone here who has it have the ablility to make an MP3 & share it with us on a weblink?

Snuffy Walden has put out other cd titles of hit series. Doesn't he have enough stuff to fill up a CD of MSCL tunes?

R
It's on iTunes under W.G. "Snuffy" Walden. I've downloaded it, and it's amazing. It feels like it combines the score from the show with a kind of feeling like proud nostalgia. It's hard to explain, but when you hear it, you'll know. :)
"I was goin' nowhere,
goin' nowhere fast.
Drownin' in my memories,
livin' in the past.
Everythin' looked black 'til I found her.
She's all I need, and that's what I said.
Oooh, oooh, oooh, I call her `Red'."

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Aug 4th 2009, 5:21 am

Thanks for bring this to our attention! I downloaded it off of iTunes immediately. It was fun to hear the MSCL theme elongated and w/ a twist.
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Aug 4th 2009, 1:47 pm

Guest wrote:The latest release by....W.G. Snuffy Walden. Has anyone bought it? I was wondering how long this song really is. I'd LOVE to hear the full length version but not sure I want to spend 12.00 bucks for just one song. Is there a MP3 anywhere of this track? Does anyone here who has it have the ablility to make an MP3 & share it with us on a weblink?

Snuffy Walden has put out other cd titles of hit series. Doesn't he have enough stuff to fill up a CD of MSCL tunes?

R
$12???????????????? what? :shock:
There's so many different ways to be connected to people.
There are the people you feel this unspoken connection to,
even though there's not even a word for it.
There's the people who you've known forever, who know you in
this way that other people can't, because they've seen you
change...

they've let you change.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Aug 4th 2009, 3:26 pm

4alifetime wrote:$12???????????????? what? :shock:
She/he probably meant $12 for the whole CD. The original posting is dated April 2002 ... from the digital stone age, when we had to buy entire CDs just to get one song :). It's amazing how times have changed since then...

(BTW, in this case the entire CD is actually worth the purchase in my opinion, especially for fans of "Thirtysomething", "Once & Again" or "The West Wing")

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Aug 7th 2009, 10:45 am

Good to know, thanks. I'll have to check it out.
There's so many different ways to be connected to people.
There are the people you feel this unspoken connection to,
even though there's not even a word for it.
There's the people who you've known forever, who know you in
this way that other people can't, because they've seen you
change...

they've let you change.

Mutajon
Let's Bolt Regular

Music from the show

Post by Mutajon » Jun 4th 2011, 1:19 am

Is there anywhere I can find the wonderful background music from the show?

I'm not talking about the various songs played throughout the show, but the very pleasant background music, like the one that plays right at the beginning of the "Why Jordan can't read" episode, or right at the start of "The world of Brian" episode.

Edit:
To the best of my understanding this background music is (unfortunately) not on the official soundtrack CD of the show... So I was wondering if it might be available anywhere else.
"Aaaand dance by the light of the mooooon"

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: Music from the show

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jun 4th 2011, 4:00 am

Hi Mutajon, Welcome to the forum :D Amazon sells a cd called Music by W.G. Snuffy Walden, which features at least one song from MSCL, maybe more, but also a lot of his other work as well (cue West Wing tile music now...). I'm not sure that you'll be able to find anything better than that. It looks like the Thirtysomething soundtrack is all instrumentals, which you might find good enough as I find that a lot of his music is reminiscent of itself. (Did that make sense?)

Good luck!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Mutajon
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: Music from the show

Post by Mutajon » Jun 4th 2011, 7:21 am

Hey, thanks for the welcome :)

I'll look into your suggestions (thanks for those too!), although its disappointing to realize that there's probably no way to get the original tracks... Can't believe these great tracks weren't officially released with the soundtrack CD. :?
"Aaaand dance by the light of the mooooon"