Late at Night by Buffalo Tom (used in Self-Esteem)

Talk about the soundtrack of MSCL. You can find a list of songs played in the episodes here.

Song from episode 12

Post by Guest » Oct 17th 2001, 1:00 am

Does anyone know the name of the song (and group who sings it?)in episode 12 played when jordan and angela are walking down the hall holding hadns? it's not on the soundtrack. the lyrics go something like "I held her hand tight, but she gets home allright." Thanks!

Jack
Yearbook Team

Re: Song from episode 12

Post by Jack » Oct 17th 2001, 2:53 am

"Late At Night" by Buffalo Tom

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Oct 17th 2001, 5:31 pm

One of the best songs ever! It has taken me six years to find out the name of that damn song...which everyone refers to as "the one where Angela and Jordan are walking down the corridor" and as soon as I discovered MSCL websites it didn't take me long! It's on the album 'Big Red Letter Day' and is track 9. The official MSCL soudntrack is just sooooo crap!

"And dance by the light of the moon!"

shader
Frozen Embryo

name of buffalo tom song?

Post by shader » Nov 3rd 2001, 12:17 am

does anyone know the name of the buffalo tom song that is playing in the mscl episode titled self esteem? i really need to know. thanks!

Jack
Yearbook Team

Re: help

Post by Jack » Nov 3rd 2001, 1:49 am

When Angela, Sharon and Rayanne first arrive at the club, the song
Buffalo Tom is playing is "Sodajerk". Then comes the scene where
Brian's at the Chase's door talking to Danielle, then it cuts back to the
club and the song they're playing is "Late At Night". This song is, as
everyone knows, reprised at the end when Jordan comes up to Angela
and they walk away holding hands.

Jack

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Post by Joanna » Nov 3rd 2001, 8:25 pm

'Late at Night' can be found on Buffalo Tom's 'Big Red Letter Day' album - I think it is track 9.

"And dance by the light of the moon!"

oldguy
Substitute Teacher

Post by oldguy » Nov 17th 2001, 4:17 am

Jack: You're the Man!!

And both songs can be found on my special bootleg CD --- Drop me a line and I will send you the "unauthorized" MSCL dual-CD soundtrack ------- petersonPM@earthlink.net

Post by Guest » Dec 28th 2001, 8:35 pm

Hello. I don't know if you have an answer to your question yet or not, but the band are 'Buffalo Tom' and the song is called 'Late at Night'. You can get it on the album 'Big Red Letter Day'. Good Luck and enjoy the album!

Buffalo Tom

Post by Guest » Dec 14th 2002, 5:03 pm

I don't know much about the band..anybody who's a fan, want to reccomend a good album of theirs for me to purchase?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 14th 2002, 11:43 pm

Well I would recommend getting the album "Asides from Buffalo Tom" it's a 'best-of' collection.

If you're more interested in getting a regular album of theirs a good starting point is "Big Red Letter Day" it is from the MSCL time period and contains the tracks from the show on it (so does the best-of).

Enjoy :D

ithurts2look@u
Tino

Post by ithurts2look@u » Dec 15th 2002, 8:00 am

Yep.. buffalo Tom take me back to my school days (even b4 I saw MSCL!). I would recommend 'Red Letter Day' too - quite an easy album to get into. They had relative indie success in the mid-90's and made some great songs.. i think they are still doing new stuff... the lead singer did a solo album too.

Woow.. think I'm gonna dig out my old cd's right now!
Angela: `You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you.'

Post by Guest » Dec 15th 2002, 10:06 am

Thanx for the help guys : )

Catalano
Frozen Embryo

Buffalo Tom

Post by Catalano » Dec 22nd 2002, 4:54 pm

Seeing Buffalo Tom in that episode of MSCL was my first contact with the band. A few weeks after the episode aired on TV, I saw them at a festival. Aside from really enjoying their performance, I remember very little now. I purchased their 4th album 'Big Red Letter Day' soon after and never looked back. Their 'Smitten' album has some really good songs on it too...
It took me a while to get into Bill Janovitz's first solo album ['Lonesome Billy'], but I really like it now. His second album, 'Up Here' is easily one of the best albums of 2002.
I'm a little late in posting to this thread, and you've probably been out and bought something by Buffalo Tom already...I hope you're enjoying some great music.

I also have MSCL to thank for introducing me to Billy Pilgrim - another great band :).

Nadine

Late at Night by Buffalo Tom (used in Self-Esteem)

Post by Nadine » Jul 5th 2004, 9:52 am

Please please help me, i'm a great fan of MSCL and I'm really really desparate! In one of them there's a song of Buffalo Tom, but I don't know the title of it. Is there anyone out there who can help me? I'm searching everywhere and i already found a lot of buffalo tom's great songs, but that particular one i just can't find. please help??!!
lots of greetings
Nadine
(from Holland)

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jul 5th 2004, 11:38 am

Our list at http://www.mscl.com/encyclopedia/music/index.phtml should help you find the song you're looking for if you know in which episode and scene the song was played.