Late at Night by Buffalo Tom (used in Self-Esteem)

Talk about the soundtrack of MSCL. You can find a list of songs played in the episodes here.
_RED_
Tino

Post by _RED_ » Jul 9th 2004, 3:47 pm

There's a song called "Late at Night" but im not sure what the other one is called, hope that helps
This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would have recieved instructions on where to go and what to do.
~*~*Red*~*~

NegativeOne
Frozen Embryo

Post by NegativeOne » Jul 11th 2004, 9:35 pm

the other song is called soda jerk. both songs are on their big red letter day album.

krazay1
Frozen Embryo

INFO on Buffalo Tom song needed!! been looking for 12+ years

Post by krazay1 » Apr 16th 2007, 5:50 pm

The Buffalo Tom - Late at Night song - is there another version of this song out there? I have the one off the CD, but I have been looking for the one that has the guitar solo included - the one they play at the end of the episode!! that is not in the song and always wondered if there was another version out there - as i have yet to find it...been looking since the epsode aired and just watched it again and had the urge to track it down - any help would be appreciated
Last edited by krazay1 on Apr 20th 2007, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Apr 19th 2007, 1:36 pm

I just watch the end of the MSCL episode Self-esteem, and the Buffalo Tom song, Late at Night, that they play at the end of the episode, is the album version of the song.

The part of the song that is used in the end of the episode, starts at about the 1:38 of the song, and then plays through to the end of the song.

Check them both out carefully, and you'll see that they are the same.

Stburr91
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."

krazay1
Frozen Embryo

Post by krazay1 » Apr 20th 2007, 2:27 pm

actually, you are wrong. They are NOT the same song. The following info is from Buffalo Tom's manager:

Hi :

There is not an instrumental version. We gave the show a vocal-free version for that scene, but it has never been released. I don't even have a copy of this, otherwise I would send it to you.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Tom Johnston

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Apr 20th 2007, 4:10 pm

krazay1 wrote:actually, you are wrong. They are NOT the same song. The following info is from Buffalo Tom's manager:

Hi :

There is not an instrumental version. We gave the show a vocal-free version for that scene, but it has never been released. I don't even have a copy of this, otherwise I would send it to you.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Tom Johnston

I guess that I misunderstood what you meant by the scene at the end. I thought you meant the scene labeled "Buffalo Tom" that can be found here.
http://www.mscl.com/video/index.phtml?layout=low

Just before that, when Rickie is sighing up for the drama club, is when they play a short part of the song without vocals.
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."