Jordan's Song "Red"

Talk about the soundtrack of MSCL. You can find a list of songs played in the episodes here.
sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Oct 9th 2002, 5:39 pm

socalledfan wrote:I
And, I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that song was about his car!!! I....I....simply refuse!
LOL, you may be right. it was probably a subcontious thing;)
that has to be Jareds voice. hes a pretty good singer, judging from the 30 secs to Mars cd.
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"

So-Called Angel
Three Rivers Resident

"Red"

Post by So-Called Angel » Oct 10th 2002, 8:23 am

:D Thanks for all the replies!

I'm pretty convinced now that it's him. Yeah, he has got a sweet voice, sort of soft and sexy!!!

Michelle
"See, I have this philosophy......."

pirategraham
Jody Barsh

Post by pirategraham » Oct 19th 2002, 12:27 am

When they were in the loft, it was Jared, but the other time (times?? It's been like 6 years since I last had this discussion, damn I need those DVDs) it was Snuffy.

soon to be erstwhile embryo
"The finish line is my happy place."

LilmizRENTHEAD
Nicky Driscoll

Post by LilmizRENTHEAD » Oct 19th 2002, 11:35 pm

Can I just say that pirate's avatar is ADORABLE.
Sorry, that just needed to be stated.

personally, I don't enjoy the sound of jared's voice.
As a choral student myself, it pretty much makes me cringe. He sings through his nose, and it makes me want to run screaming into the night...
but everyone has their own opinion, right?:wink:
~*Jordan
Yeah, later...MUCH.

pirategraham
Jody Barsh

Post by pirategraham » Oct 20th 2002, 12:19 am

Thanks. My wife found the picture on the web somewhere and I thought it needed a caption. And speaking of "Red," there may actually be a version of me singing it. A few years back, I recorded it into my computer and shared it with a few people. One of them wanted to put it on his website, so I said OK. Don't know if it is still out there or not.

-one post closer to losing embryo status-
"The finish line is my happy place."

Smells Like Teenspirit

Jordan's song "Red"

Post by Smells Like Teenspirit » Dec 15th 2003, 6:42 pm

does jordan really sang this song just for his car or is their a message for Angela hidden? why else does he let her listen to the song?

and: does anyone of you have the chords to the song "Red"? Please, if anyone have them, send them to me. it is very important!

cu

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 15th 2003, 7:25 pm

The chords can be found in the MSCL encyclopedia.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Dec 15th 2003, 10:39 pm

I had a notion that perhaps despite Jordans protestations of the song being about his car it was actually about Angela.

But after watching the episode again, Jordan just seems too clueless. I think he lest her listen to it because he senses whatever he sings she will say is wonderful. Hence, no pressure.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Dec 16th 2003, 6:01 am

I think the song was about his car - the way he says it is to Ricki is a dead giveaway. Maybe he wouldn't have minded that Angela might have thought the song was about her in a sort of accidental sense, but let's not forget that it was Ricki who put that idea into her head in the first place.

Until Rickie jumped in with his romantic idea, I don't know that it had even crossed her mind. It's a classic 'tell you what you want to hear' moment which eventually leads to embarrassment.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jan 6th 2004, 8:17 pm

Do you all think Jordan actually calls his car red? Because that would really make me laugh. I would like to think that it something that only occurs in the song, which itself (in my opinion) is pushing it. Forget sleeping with Rayanne, it is referring to his Plymouth as "Red" that would make me lose all respect for Jordan Catalano.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jan 6th 2004, 9:28 pm

If I can call my car a son-of-a-b___, Jordan can call his car Red. I don't think it's too uncommon for a guy to name his car. Some guys, like Jordan who works on his car himself, probably see their cars like a pet or a member of the family. It's a guy thing.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 6th 2004, 11:08 pm

I named my first car too - I called it Car-ie (pronounced like Kari Wuhrer, not like Carrie) whenever I needed to urge it to keep going or apologize for not changing the oil sooner.

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jan 7th 2004, 12:09 am

Although I have never been one to name a car, and absolutley forbade my friends who wanted to do it for me, and while I am not a fan of it, I am not unfamiliar with the practice. If Jordan Catalano wants to name his car let him, it's "Red" in particular that is wierding me out; it just doesn't sound right, kind of anti-masculine? Does he really hang out with Tino and then say, "wanna take a car in Red?" I hear what you're saying though Tomspeed about the time and work he invests in his car.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jan 7th 2004, 2:29 pm

When guys name cars, they use the name sparingly, and usually with a slight grin because they know it's rediculous. You might call it by name when refering to it's abilities or prowess, but not when casually refering to it. Most often you would only call it by name when speaking to it directly.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Post by Guest » Jan 7th 2004, 2:53 pm

TomSpeed wrote:If I can call my car a son-of-a-b___, Jordan can call his car Red. It's a guy thing.
Hey, you know what? Screw you "it's a guy thing". I called my car Jerry because it reminded of my ex boyfriend who was also f***ing in my brain twenty four seven.