Jordan's Song "Red"

Talk about the soundtrack of MSCL. You can find a list of songs played in the episodes here.
TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jan 7th 2004, 3:11 pm

Anonymous wrote:
TomSpeed wrote:If I can call my car a son-of-a-b___, Jordan can call his car Red. It's a guy thing.
Hey, you know what? Screw you "it's a guy thing". I called my car Jerry because it reminded of my ex boyfriend who was also f***ing in my brain twenty four seven.
Well, maybe I should say that guys are known more often for naming their cars.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

alana0601
Frozen Embryo

"red" by jordon

Post by alana0601 » Mar 17th 2004, 11:56 pm

i love the song "red" sung by jordon but during the show when jordon doesnt show up and angela goes up to her room and is all sad the real song "red" is being played. does anyone know who the real artist is?? thanks so much!
-alana

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Jordan's Song "Red"

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 3rd 2004, 12:59 am

The song is strictly about the car, in my opinion any way. That's what makes the situation so awesome! Angela fools herself into thinking he's making this great gesture, that he reciprocates all the feelings she has for him, and he's singing about his car. I don't think that there is any subconcious thoughts of Angela when Jordan sings the song. Altough they're clearly getting closer by this episode, he's not writing songs about her or even aware of any genuine/significant connection to her at that point. BTW, there are tons of existing threads on this topic already, you can use the search function to find them.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

johny 101

Post by johny 101 » Jul 3rd 2004, 3:18 pm

The song is strictly about the car, in my opinion any way. That's what makes the situation so awesome! Angela fools herself into thinking he's making this great gesture, that he reciprocates all the feelings she has for him, and he's singing about his car.
And that says a lot about what kind of guy he is, IMHO. 8)

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Jul 3rd 2004, 4:47 pm

Actually I think it says more about Angela.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

johny 101

Post by johny 101 » Jul 7th 2004, 2:27 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:Actually I think it says more about Angela.
Ha, ha nice one. :D .I agree.

socalledchaos

Post by socalledchaos » Jul 11th 2004, 7:42 pm

u know somenthing i think that jordan said that that song was about his car but like i have this feeling that he really felt that it was about somenthing more like subconciously cuz when ricky was all oh ya i know what the song's about and jordan was all yea....my car he said it in sort of a weird way wouldnt you say? :?:

MSCLfan00
Nicky Driscoll

Post by MSCLfan00 » Aug 23rd 2004, 11:08 pm

if it was my way i would have the song "red" written about angela...just because of how completely awesome that'd be! lol but sadly, i think it was really about his car...and i dont think he ever realized the irony of how it related to angela...and i feel bad for angela because the look on her face is happiness when she thinks that he wrote it for her--but since we all know that jordan isn't about exposing his feelings in my opinion he probably wouldn't have wrote it about her and especially sang it to her...so yes it's heartbreaking but im guessing he didn't even realize what was going on :cry:
"You have the option of insanity. I do not! And that makes me CRAZY!"

GO KRAKOW! :)

--msclfan00--

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 29th 2004, 12:43 pm

I think maybe it could have been about Angela.. Well atleast if it really wasnt I hoped it to be.

Anyways I have a question about the song. Is Jordan really singing that song 4real? I mean I know hes a singer now, so thats what I always thought, but just wanted to know for sure! Thats great if it was him, he has a great voice!

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 29th 2004, 4:25 pm

Yes, that is Jared singing the song both times.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 29th 2004, 11:43 pm

You sure? I thought the 2nd time (voice-over) was Snuffy Walden...

:?:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 29th 2004, 11:57 pm

Nostradamus wrote:You sure? I thought the 2nd time (voice-over) was Snuffy Walden...

:?:
Yeah, I think I just made that up about the second time. I have to rescreen the episode. I'm sure it's posted under one of the Snuffy threads, but now that you mention it, it sounds right that Snuffy did sing the slower version. Jared did sing the first one though.

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Aug 31st 2004, 12:27 am

I always thought Jared sang both songs because of his band. He has a really good voice. Did he sing Sedated?
There`s Something About My Life....

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 31st 2004, 12:29 am

Yes.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Aug 31st 2004, 9:30 pm

I think Snuffy sings the second, slower version.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."