Custom Soundtrack.......suggestions?

Talk about the soundtrack of MSCL. You can find a list of songs played in the episodes here.
JPP13
Angela's best friend

Custom Soundtrack.......suggestions?

Post by JPP13 » Feb 3rd 2003, 4:58 pm

I'm burning a cd with a MSCL theme. :) No, not songs from the show, but those with an association, irrespective of how tenuous.

Here's what I have now:

The Atari's - My So-called Life. (easy choice)

30 Seconds to Mars - not sure which song. Leto's band of course.

Nickleback - Seeing Red. (no, the car. not you Angela. lol)

So, any suggestions? (Cmon, Im pandering here!)

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Custom Soundtrack.......suggestions?

Post by K-man » Feb 3rd 2003, 5:45 pm

JPP13 wrote:I'm burning a cd with a MSCL theme. :) No, not songs from the show, but those with an association, irrespective of how tenuous.

Nickleback - Seeing Red. (no, the car. not you Angela. lol)
Isn't 'Seeing Red' by Unwritten Law?
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 3rd 2003, 5:51 pm

Yup - on their Elva CD (it's also on the acoustic From Music in High Places CD). Woo hoo, Unwritten Law!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 3rd 2003, 6:06 pm

Closer I am to fine - The Indigo Girls - deals with coming to grips with who your are... if that ain't mscl'ish I don't know what is.

Ghost - The Indigo Girls - This song is all about an old love that you just can't shake. I have the same feelings listening it as I do watching MSCL.

Out of Range - Ani Defranco - Part 2 to the above song, but makes sure you're not hurting cause of it.

Either :
My Drifting Nature - Ben Lee
or
Daisy - Ben Lee

Thats a short list cause Its time to go home and I don't have that many cd's here at work.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Feb 3rd 2003, 7:16 pm

Dammit! It is Unwritten Law. I suppose I could edit my original post and make you all look silly. :)

But, I'll leave it to memorialize my ignorance.

Some good suggestions. I like Ani Difranco. In fact, was listening to Falling is Like this Earlier. Also, Both Hands. She's not my normal cup of tea, but an old dear girlfriend got me hooked on her. And though she's now gone, :( , I still like the songs. :)

Lindsay
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Lindsay » Feb 3rd 2003, 7:18 pm

Yeah ani defranco!!!!

glitter_punk
Overlooked Sibling

Songs

Post by glitter_punk » Feb 5th 2003, 1:52 am

I would say...

30 Seconds to Mars - Buddha for Mary or Echelon... I think that the band basically has nothing to do with anything related to MSCL, but those songs are interesting, about human experience.

Tori Amos - Crucify, probably the most angsty song I know.

*Andriana*
[echelon]
This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would  have received actual instructions on where to go and what to do.

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Feb 5th 2003, 1:00 pm

~Better Than Ezra - "Teenager"
~Some Smashing Pumpkins. Lots of their stuff has to do with coming of age, so to speak. Plus, they were one of the biggest bands at the time MSCL was on the air.
~Weezer - "The World Has Turned And Left Me Here" Also many other Weezer songs would be good.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Feb 5th 2003, 2:12 pm

K's Choice - Wait [would be a perfect "Brian-theme"]
A Camp - Algebra [Another theme for Brian. BTW, it's the band form the former "Cardigans" singer.]
The Corrs - Everybody Hurts [The inofficial MSCL theme. The original version by R.E.M. appeared in the show, so I picked the cover version by The Corrs]
Pearl Jam - "Alive" or "Thin Air" [the 90's = Grunge = Pearl Jam ]
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song [the 90's = Grunge = Stone Temple Pilots ;-) ]
Sarah McLachlan - "Full of Grace" or "Angel" [I guess MSCL is the only teen show on this planet that never played a Sarah McLachlan song ;-)]
The Corrs - So Young
Sheryl Crow - Everyday is a winding road [Could be Graham & Patty's song. [[BTW OT: That song was the original theme for "Gilmore Girls"]]]
Heather Nova - London Rain [well, just a beautiful love song]
Tom Petty - You don't know how it feels
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Free Girl Now [I had this once in mind for background music to a fanfiction story. The story never got finished, but the song still rocks. Kinda a Rayanne theme.]
Nena - So jung [okay, that's the german section for today :-)]
Madonna - The Power of Good-Bye [The "Good-bye" MSCL never had]

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 5th 2003, 5:46 pm

I was trying to find it but can't locate the cd, so maybe someone else know, but theres a song by The Indigo Girls that references Ann Frank's story.

And yes I have serious issues to deal with when it comes to chicks with guitars. :D
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Feb 5th 2003, 6:17 pm

Hey Mike....nuthin' wrong with the Indigo Girls. :wink:
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 5th 2003, 6:30 pm

mglenn wrote:And yes I have serious issues to deal with when it comes to chicks with guitars. :D
I wouldn't call the Indigo Girls "chicks with guitars" ... they might kick your ass. ;)

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Feb 6th 2003, 11:55 am

fnordboy wrote:I wouldn't call the Indigo Girls "chicks with guitars" ... they might kick your ass.
Maybe... but I really think it would be Ani Defranco that would kick my ass for that and I don't think she would think that I have an "Untouchable Face" while she was doing it! 8)

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 6th 2003, 12:29 pm

mglenn wrote:
fnordboy wrote:I wouldn't call the Indigo Girls "chicks with guitars" ... they might kick your ass.
Maybe... but I really think it would be Ani Defranco that would kick my ass for that and I don't think she would think that I have an "Untouchable Face" while she was doing it! 8)
Ani kicking your ass is a given :)

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Feb 6th 2003, 12:43 pm

LOL.

Along the lines of some of the suggestions, "The Waiting (is the hardest part) by Tom Petty.

I don't know that Better than Ezra tune, I'm going to check it out.