"our so-called soundtrack" (original unofficial cassette)

Talk about the soundtrack of MSCL. You can find a list of songs played in the episodes here.
mia
Yearbook Team

"our so-called soundtrack" (original unofficial cassette)

Post by mia » Oct 18th 1999, 5:01 pm

I was just wondering....

A couple of years ago, there was a rumor going around about an unofficial soundtrack, compiled by fans. It was supposed to be much better than the "official" soundtrack, which wouldn't be that much of a stretch, quite frankly. Does anyone know anything about this rumored soundtrack?

Re: soundtrack

Post by Guest » Oct 19th 1999, 4:14 pm

I remember seeing a mention of 'Our So-Called Soundtrack' a couple of years ago. Umm, it was on somebody's website (I'm so helpful). I think it was the person who pasted the picture of Brian kissing Angela at the foot of the page (that's by doctoring a photo, not some mythical lost episode btw). As I recall tracks for it were voted for or somesuch. It was only available in the US so I (of the cheery Scottish disposition) couldn't send off for it.

Re: soundtrack

Post by Guest » Oct 19th 1999, 4:16 pm

And yes it's the same anonymous person as before (who can't be arsed to register or something).
Anyway, on the subject of the official soundtrack album, isn't it just that little bit crap?

Unofficial soundtrack?

Post by Guest » Dec 14th 2000, 10:57 pm

forgive me if this is the wrong forum, but i have the tape and have somehow misplaced the cover. i've searched and searched, but i can't seem to find a listing of the songs anywhere. can someone help?

thanks

Linquel
Frozen Embryo

Post by Linquel » Dec 23rd 2006, 6:41 pm

westernrobyn wrote:Is the unofficial soundtrack still being distrubuted? I have read various threads about the topic, but the last few were from 2004.
I would love to get a copy of it, but am not sure who will make it available. I have read the B&P instructions and am willing to do that, if anyone is interested in helping me out!
Thanks a bunch!
I've been converting some old cassettes to digital today, and one of the ones I did was the "Our So-Called Soundtrack" cassette made by Sherry Mann back in 1995. This had various songs that were either in the show or inspired by the show, with dialog and stuff interspersed. The audio quality of the cassette held up fairly well over the years, so I figured I'd make it available digitally. I won't be mailing out any CDs or anything (it definitely wouldn't fit on a single CD), but I would be willing to seed it to a Bit Torrent site. I'm going to seed it to Mininova using a generic tracker so it should be somewhat easy to find, assuming you're familiar with using Bit Torrents.

I was a big fan of the show back when it was on, but haven't been active on any fansites since then. I just Googled for any website where the Sherry Mann soundtrack was mentioned and found a posting on a locked thread here. I registered here today to make this posting. I may pop back in from time to time, as converting my old MSCL soundtrack made me want to go back and watch it again. It's been a while.

Enjoy.

Here is the link to the MiniNova seed...
ADMIN EDIT: Please do not post links to filesharing sites. sab.

randywong
Frozen Embryo

Post by randywong » Mar 26th 2007, 12:35 am

... wow .. it's been a while since I thought of the show ... and it took looking for my copy of the unofficial MSCL Soundtrack to pique my interest again. I was one of the original MSCL listers back in the day ... it is good to see that this show lives on.

Now, regarding this unofficial soundtrack .. is this CD available from anyone? I obviously fell out of touch when they converted the cassette tape to CD .. can't believe I lost my copy ..
Randy Wong

randywong
Frozen Embryo

Post by randywong » Mar 28th 2007, 11:43 pm

Man .. this thing is so hard to find .. I wonder why? I saw a list of team members for the sight .. I recognized William's and Andie's name from the old list ... would they know or have a copy?
Randy Wong