MSCL on Night Stalker

Found a reference to "My So-Called Life" in a book, movie, tv show or somewhere else? Then post here!
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

MSCL on Night Stalker

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 18th 2005, 5:07 am

Last week's episode featured flashbacks to 1994 and featured scenes from MSCL. I didn't see the episode, so I'm not sure which scenes they showed!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Oct 18th 2005, 4:45 pm

I watched the episode of "Night Stalker" (it's #03, titled "Three") and I guess that's probably the most disturbing context "My So-Called Life" was ever mentioned.

The scene goes as follows: Flashback to August 1994, where a family father just got sacked from his job. He watches the pilot episode of MSCL (the scene where Angela comes home from the party and Graham and Patty start to argue about "Why do I always have to be the mean one?") and suddenly he grabs his axe(!) and starts murdering his family(!!). First his teenage daughter, then his wife. His two boys can escape, so the husband goes back to the living room where MSCL is still on the TV and hangs himself.

Back in 2005, the last surviving boy is now grown up and haunted by this memory. Literally: Suddenly the pilot episode of MSCL is on his TV and his dead father tries to kill him again with an axe...

Did I mention that I'm not a big fan of that show?

Anyway, here are a few screencaps:

Higher resolutions are in the gallery