25th Anniversary Paley Center LA & NY Aug 2019

Found a reference to "My So-Called Life" in a book, movie, tv show or somewhere else? Then post here!
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

25th Anniversary Paley Center LA & NY Aug 2019

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 1st 2019, 1:43 am

Hi all! As Sascha predicted in the "Wilson Cruz Talks About The 25th Anniversary of ‘My So-Called Life’" thread
Sascha (sab) wrote:
Jun 5th 2019, 11:43 am
I don't expect them to make anything "big" like any kind of revival. But maybe they get together, make a few interviews and some kind of private anniversary party. A public event at the Paley Center for Media or something like that would be nice.
A Paley event is happening.

I posted in the other thread but as the title of the thread might not have signaled form the forum's main page, I thought I would repost to make more visible. (Not sure the site gets enough traffic anymore for this to make a difference before the event has already come and gone. If anyone's attending, let us know!
Jody Barsch* wrote:
Jul 31st 2019, 1:10 pm
So... Paley Center is right, but...
As of now it just looks like a marathon screening of selected episodes and a rescreening of the original Paley Center cast panel from 25 years ago. It's happening both in LA and New York, but as far as I can tell, there is no new content being created, i.e. no reunion panel or appearance of any cast members or showrunners, etc. On the plus side, it is on both coasts, and the event is FREE. (And, if you can't make it, you're not really missing out on something amazing.) Maybe something additional will pop up...

I do have tix for the LA event.

Here's the info:
https://www.paleycenter.org/my-so-called-life-screening
(Evidence I've been away from the site so long: It took forever for me to decide which section of the forum this should be posted under. (In the end, I just chose what would initially be visible at the top of the page :mrgreen: )
I always think of Candygirl when I use the Mr. Green emotocon
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

richard
Liberty High Student

Re: 25th Anniversary Paley Center LA & NY Aug 2019

Post by richard » Aug 1st 2019, 6:38 am

That's great! Wish I'd known sooner and I'd have tried to get over to see some of it!

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Re: 25th Anniversary Paley Center LA & NY Aug 2019

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 1st 2019, 1:51 pm

I know! It was oddly timed. I only just received it in an email yesterday from my regular Paley Center email list updates. AND I almost immediately deleted it from my inbox. The subject line was: "LA: Phylicia Rashad & Lynn Whitfield; Costumes from The Masked Singer", and it was maybe the third event down the list. So odd.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !