So Beautiful it Hurts: The Making of My So-Called Life

Found a reference to "My So-Called Life" in a book, movie, tv show or somewhere else? Then post here!
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

So Beautiful it Hurts: The Making of My So-Called Life

Post by Sascha » Jun 5th 2019, 11:57 am

Writer and editor Aaron S. Berman is working on a book called "So Beautiful it Hurts: The Making of My So-Called Life" and has conducted several interviews with cast and crew of the show over the past year. It sounds like an amazing idea and I have high hopes for this book -- unfortunately we have to wait another year or longer for it to be published.
I'm especially indebted to Winnie Holzman for speaking with me multiple times by phone. One of the things I'll always remember is hanging up with her, only to receive a text from her a few minutes later asking if we could hop back on the phone again. She'd taken a walk, reflected on something she'd only just realized, and wanted to share this new insight with me. I think it was at that moment that I finally allowed myself to breathe a little easier. If the creator of My So-Called Life was taking this endeavor this seriously, I reasoned, then the idea of such a book couldn't be so crazy after all.

By this time next year I hope to have completed the interview process and be well into writing the book itself.

Check out his website: https://www.aaronsberman.com/blog/categ ... -life-book or his facbook page: https://www.facebook.com/msclbook/

asb813
Tino

Re: So Beautiful it Hurts: The Making of My So-Called Life

Post by asb813 » Jul 9th 2019, 12:55 pm

Thank you so much for telling people about the forthcoming book. While it will probably take a couple of years to write, I think MSCL lovers will consider it worth the wait when it finally sees the light of day. My goal has always been to interview as many people as possible from the cast and crew, and I'm currently gearing up for a chat with my 25th person.

If there are any questions about the show you've always wanted to ask, I would encourage you to ask them as a comment here, or to drop me a line at the website or FB page noted in this post. Thanks again for this opportunity – Aaron

trinja
Tino

Re: So Beautiful it Hurts: The Making of My So-Called Life

Post by trinja » Jul 24th 2021, 10:59 pm

This book sounds incredible - will definitely be buying when it comes out. Thank you for this amazing work!