MSCL among TV Gal's Top 10 Brilliant, But Canceled

Found a reference to "My So-Called Life" in a book, movie, tv show or somewhere else? Then post here!
NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

MSCL among TV Gal's Top 10 Brilliant, But Canceled

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Dec 5th 2002, 6:04 am

In my regular search of TV listings on Zap2It.com, I came across this article, http://tv.zap2it.com/shows/features/features.html?29183 , by the TV Gal over there who lists a number of shows, including MSCL, that many of you love.

Hopefully some of you have Trio out there because I unfortunately don't. I'd love to hear what the MSCL segment, if anything at all, is about. It sounds like there might be some misinformation, though, brewing about the end of MSCL.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

glitter_punk
Overlooked Sibling

Post by glitter_punk » Dec 5th 2002, 4:40 pm

"By the way, "Brilliant, but Cancelled" reveals that ABC did want to pick up the show for more episodes but Claire Danes was ready to move on to her movie career"

I don't know about that....
This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would  have received actual instructions on where to go and what to do.

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Dec 6th 2002, 1:35 am

two years ago or so....they had on msn something similar...top 10 shows that shouldnt have been cancelled...and my so called life was number one on the list! :)

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 6th 2002, 1:41 am

glitter_punk wrote:"By the way, "Brilliant, but Cancelled" reveals that ABC did want to pick up the show for more episodes but Claire Danes was ready to move on to her movie career"

I don't know about that....
That is actually the number one rumor. And it might even have something factual to support it...but i don't remember if there is.... someone here will know. Sascha? Candy?

glitter_punk
Overlooked Sibling

Post by glitter_punk » Dec 6th 2002, 1:45 am

I've heard so many bad rumors about claire danes I feel sorry for her. One of the directors and people in the control room where I work know this guy who did sound/lighting/etc on brokedown palace w/ claire in it, and he said nasty things about her. I kind of feel bad how people perceive her, I've always thought she'd be very nice...
This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would  have received actual instructions on where to go and what to do.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 11th 2002, 6:47 pm

It's a solid list, and I agree with it - these were good shows (with GREAT writing) that successfully tried to improve upon or change tv formulas.

I have to say that I would've included "Relativity" in the mix (of course, I'm a bit biased). The show got the same bum rap as MSCL, gift wrapped by ABC.

Gary

lizardcub
Three Rivers Resident

Post by lizardcub » Dec 30th 2002, 2:54 am

I don't know the details of the Claire thing, but Ted Harbert (president of ABC when MSCL was cancelled--grrr) has said he regrets cancelling it. (Too little! Too late! Bastard!) So I don't think Claire was the only reason at any rate.

My guess is that she was lukewarm about returning but that things never progressed to contract negotiations because ABC axed it first.

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Dec 30th 2002, 10:07 pm

The Show is on NOW! (Brilliant but cancelled).

I'll come back with a review when its over.

Angelas_Dream
Tino

Post by Angelas_Dream » Jan 2nd 2003, 5:52 pm

please do please do -excited-