Terrible ratings for "quarterlife", NBC dropping the show?

"quarterlife" is a new innovative "web-only" series produced by The Bedford Falls Company. 36 episodes with 8 minutes runtime each will be available online on MySpace.com and quarterlife.com beginning November 11, 2007.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Terrible ratings for "quarterlife", NBC dropping the show?

Post by Sascha » Feb 28th 2008, 6:33 am

The first episode of "quarterlife" only drew 3.1 million viewers to NBC. It marked the network's worst time-period performance in the 10 p.m. hour in at least 17 years, averaging a 1.3 rating/4 share among adults 18 to 49, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

It's very likely that NBC will drop the show from its schedule before the second episode airs, but there's hope it will end up on cable somewhere.

Marshall Herskovitz was quoted saying that "[quarterlife] never should have been a network show. It's too specific." It didn't work on network TV because of the "intimate storylines and tight camera angles".

"From the first three minutes," he said, "I knew it wasn't right."

Mike B
Nicky Driscoll

Re: Terrible ratings for "quarterlife", NBC dropping the show?

Post by Mike B » Feb 28th 2008, 1:16 pm

Not sure if this link has been posted, but I read this review on Boston.com that pans the show.

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/20 ... o_blogger/

Unfortunately, I have to agree. It's not their best work. But, the 2/8 life parody mentioned at the article's end is hilarious from what I've watched.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

NBC cancels "quarterlife"

Post by Sascha » Feb 28th 2008, 6:26 pm

And it's official: NBC has dropped "quarterlife" after just one episode from their schedule. (At least they aired one episode more than ABC ;-))