"thirtysomething" to be released on DVD on August 25, 2009

Discuss the ABC series "thirtysomething" (1987-1991) in this forum. The TV drama created by Marshall Herskovitz and Edward Zwick premiered on ABC on September 29, 1987 and lasted four seasons and 85 episodes.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

"thirtysomething" to be released on DVD on August 25, 2009

Post by Sascha » Apr 29th 2009, 3:54 am

This is like an early christmas present for many fans of "The Bedford Falls Company":

ShoutFactory (which also released "My So-Called Life" on DVD in 2007) will finally release the first season of the Zwick/Herskovitz drama series "thirtysomething" on DVD on August 25, 2009. The three subsequent seasons will be coming out at an approximate rate of every six months. See this article in the Los Angeles Times for more details.
The long delay was mostly caused -- as is often the case when it comes to DVDs -- by complicated, expensive music rights clearances. Garson Foos, president of Shout! Factory, which will release "thirtysomething," said the Emmy-winning drama also had a second hurdle to a digital afterlife: a lack of master copies that would allow the easy transfer to DVD.

Foos approached Herskovitz about how to get "thirtysomething" out of limbo more than a year ago, after Shout! Factory's successful re-release of "My So-Called Life." Now both obstacles have been overcome. "It doesn't look like we'll be cutting any music from the show," Foos said. And high-definition master copies of the episodes have been created -- meaning, according to Foos, "the visual quality is going to be incredible."
You can already pre-order the DVD at amazon.com for about $54.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: "thirtysomething" to be released on DVD on August 25, 2009

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 15th 2009, 7:58 am

Some video clips from the upcoming S1 release here!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?