thirtysomething on DVD -- and reunion movie?

Discuss the ABC series "thirtysomething" (1987-1991) in this forum. The TV drama created by Marshall Herskovitz and Edward Zwick premiered on ABC on September 29, 1987 and lasted four seasons and 85 episodes.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

thirtysomething on DVD -- and reunion movie?

Post by Sascha » Jan 5th 2005, 4:12 pm

TVGuide's Ausiello dropped a bomb today (well, at least from my point of view):
Question: Do you think they will ever put thirtysomething on DVD? — John M.

Ausiello: Look for the first season to hit stores in September. In the meantime, pick up the new issue of TV Guide magazine for scoop on a thirtysomething reunion taking place on the big screen.
Source: http://www.tvguide.com/news/askausiello/050105.asp (scroll down)

Whooooha!! A DVD release AND a reunion movie -...- that would be like christmas and easter on the same day ;-) I know there were rumors about a MGM release of "30s" for a long time -- so let's hope it's true. I want to watch season 1 of "thirtysomething" on DVD when I turn 30 in December! ;-)

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jan 8th 2005, 3:18 pm

The "reunion movie" is not quite as it sounds. One of the cast members directed a movie -- a "mockumentary" -- and there's a scene in this movie where the whole cast, as themselves, appear together. The article didn't go into detail, but it's just a fleeting reunion.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

EricMontreal22
Three Rivers Resident

Post by EricMontreal22 » Jan 12th 2005, 7:38 pm

OK any Canadian fans as PISSED OFF as me that W was airing 4 eps a week and we had abotu 16 eps left (season 4) and they just dropped the show?? :( Anyone else wanna send emails to air the final eps? :(

E

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jan 13th 2005, 5:33 am

MGM now told tvshowsondvd.com that there won't be a DVD release of "thirtysomething" in 2005.

So much for the fact checking qualities of TVGuide.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Aug 12th 2005, 3:35 pm

There's now an option at amazon.com to get notified in case "thirtysomething" ever gets released on DVD. Who knows, maybe the number of e-mail addresses gets submitted to MGM.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... B00005JMLZ

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Sep 14th 2005, 2:14 am

no news about a DVD, but an interview with Patricia Wettig:
Q: Is there any talk about revisiting the characters of "thirtysomething" in some way?

A: There was no sense of closure with `thirtysomething.' When we did the last episode, we did not know the show was going to be canceled, so there was so no sense of how can we tie this up or put this in a last season.

I do think there's curiosity [about what happened to the characters.]. But I don't think Marshall [Herskovitz] and Ed [Zwick], who created the show, ever came up with an idea that was interesting enough for them to go back to it. We've talked about it, but nothing ever seriously. In what forum, in what context would we be interested in these people again?

Q: Would the characters still be friends as fiftysomethings?

A: I don't think about them anymore. Doing the character, I never speculated. I was inside it, in that moment-to-moment, living the life of that character. Fans at the time would ask me questions all the time, speculating on things as if Nancy was real. She was real at the time, but not anymore.
http://www.ctnow.com/stage/hce-wettig.a ... ertain-top