Relativity

Discuss former or new projects of The Bedford Falls Company (production company of "My So-Called Life"), Marshall Herskovitz and Edward Zwick (executive producers) in this forum.
gt hatecraft
Tino

Relativity

Post by gt hatecraft » Jul 4th 2002, 3:07 pm

Did anyone else here watch this show? I think it only lasted one season, but it was by some of the same writing team and featured Devon Gummersall in a recurring role as the male lead's younger brother. Same great writing and acting, making for very believable characters. Great stuff!

...but, of course, that's JUST MY OPINION...

trtusc
Frozen Embryo

Re: Relativity

Post by trtusc » Jul 4th 2002, 11:58 pm

I LOVED this show, and hated to see it go, had great potential, but u know how ABC is, also Cupid with Jeremy Piven was a great show, these 2 shows would be great on dvd, i can only hope

gt hatecraft
Tino

Re: Relativity

Post by gt hatecraft » Jul 5th 2002, 12:34 pm

I never saw Cupid; what was that one about?

...but, of course, that's JUST MY OPINION...

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 1st 2002, 3:55 am

Thought something about Relativity made it seem like an attempt to recreate the MSCL aura. It was so memorable that the only other thing i recall is that i didn't like it.
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Nov 2nd 2002, 3:21 pm

It was done by the same team that did MSCL, and all Zwick/Herskovitz shows seem to have similar auras.

I remember watching the first episode when it originally aired because I guess by that time, I was already into MSCL on MTV. I knew Devon Gummersall was on the show, but I don't ever remember seeing him because I only saw one show (because of the horrid Saturday night timeslot). What season was this show on and how long did it last? I remember it getting a lot of Emmy nominations.

One of the cast members of Relativity was Adam Goldberg whose gone on to bigger things like Saving Private Ryan and other movies. I remember seeing him doing an interview for Saving Pvt. Ryan and he was wearing a Relativity t-shirt. It seems to have been one of those shows that the few people who remember it look back on it fondly.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 8th 2002, 3:52 am

I loved Kimberly Williams in "Father of the Bride" and of course Devon Gummersall from MSCL so those two were enticement enough to get me to watch the show initially. I watched the first few episodes of Relativity and I REALLY liked it, but the time slot sucked and I didn't make the effort to be home or tape it so when it was cancelled I was sad but not heartbroken.

Sidenote: Poppy Montgomery (who played Jennifer, Isabel's sister) was born Poppy Petal Montgomery. Her sisters are named Rosie Thorn, Daisy Yellow, Lily Belle, and Marigold Sun. The girls are all named after flower fairies from a children's book. Their brother is named Jethro Tull (after the musical group or the seed drill inventor?).

:D