Zwick/Herskovitz: "A Marriage" for CBS

Discuss former or new projects of The Bedford Falls Company (production company of "My So-Called Life"), Marshall Herskovitz and Edward Zwick (executive producers) in this forum.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Zwick/Herskovitz: "A Marriage" for CBS

Post by Sascha » Feb 3rd 2009, 9:07 am

Zwick / Herskovitz are producing a new drama for CBS, or at least a pilot episode.
"Marriage" is described as a dissection of a marriage. Emmy winners Herskovitz and Zwick penned the pilot, their first for a network other than ABC. Zwick is set to direct.

Herskovitz and Zwick most recently created the online series "quarterlife," which had a brief run on NBC and Bravo.
Source: Reuters.

Brunkster
Liberty High Student

Re: Zwick/Herskovitz: "A Marriage" for CBS

Post by Brunkster » Feb 3rd 2009, 6:27 pm

Thanks for posting. Whenever these two put their heads together they seem to come up with something excellent. I wish them luck and hope CBS picks it up; I'd love to see more of their work on television.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 28th 2009, 4:31 am

Found an early review of the pilot script: Pilot Script Review - A Marriage. Doesn't look good.
[...]In short, I just didn't get it. Which is really weird because both thirtysomething and My So-Called Life were so very clearly about something and had understandable protagonists and stories. To call A Marriage anything but an undecipherable mess would be to lie.[...]

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » May 8th 2009, 4:58 am

Hollywood insider Nikki Finke doesn't think CBS will order the show for the fall: "A MARRIAGE (Bedford Falls) is a drama from Zwick & Herskovitz and has no heat." (which means "The Powers That Be" at CBS aren't excited about the pilot episode).

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/p ... -for-fall/