Zwick & Herskovitz produce "Nice Guy"

Discuss former or new projects of The Bedford Falls Company (production company of "My So-Called Life"), Marshall Herskovitz and Edward Zwick (executive producers) in this forum.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Zwick & Herskovitz produce "Nice Guy"

Post by Sascha » Feb 14th 2006, 8:00 am

From Variety:
Universal has snapped up comedy pitch "The Nice Guy," by Ed Zwick and Sheldon Turner, in a six-figure preemptive buy.

Turner is already penning the script, which follows a recently divorced doctor who's frustrated because women consider him mere "marriage material."

Zwick, who is in Africa helming Warner Bros.' "The Blood Diamond," starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Connelly, is considering helming "Nice Guy" but has not yet inked a pactpact.

In addition to Bedford Falls partners Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz, shingle prexy Rick Solomon will produce "Nice."

Project would mark a return to the romantic comedy genre for Zwick and Herskovitz, who together created 1980s TV skein "thirtysomething."

Lately, their attention has been focused on dramas and actioners such as "Blood Diamond" or "The Last Samurai."

"Both Ed and I have always loved romantic comedy," Herskovitz said. "But it is something difficult to do well. This is something we have high hopes for."

Herskovitz and Zwick came up with the original idea for "Nice Guy" and brought it to Turner to flesh out a story and pitch it to U.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111793 ... id=13&cs=1

EricMontreal22
Three Rivers Resident

Post by EricMontreal22 » Mar 1st 2006, 7:16 am

Interesting, though to call thirtysomething a romantic comedy makes me think they've never seen it...