Other Zwick/Herskowitz (Bedford Falls) TV shows, pilots, etc

Discuss former or new projects of The Bedford Falls Company (production company of "My So-Called Life"), Marshall Herskovitz and Edward Zwick (executive producers) in this forum.
EricMontreal22
Three Rivers Resident

Post by EricMontreal22 » Sep 25th 2004, 6:28 pm

special_k wrote:They met in Europe, had ludicrous chemistry, were starcrossed, came home, fought with their families, shacked up...then he slept with his boss. End of story. I couldn't stomach the cuteness of Kimberly Williams. She was sooo Tiffany Amber Annoying. The male lead was okay, but it was his roomie who was on the yummy menu. Of course, two of the actors ended up on Roswell, and another on Felicity.
kim bugged me sometimes but I didn't mind her so much. the show did get more interesting tho as we found out more about the other families (and that lesbian kiss was a network first, no?)

The male lead was a regular on last year's Miss Match.

E

EricMontreal22
Three Rivers Resident

Post by EricMontreal22 » Sep 25th 2004, 6:31 pm

candygirl wrote:I liked Relativity, and Kimberly Williams was great but the timeslot made it difficult for me to watch it regularly before it was cancelled. I liked it, but not enough to stay home every weekend (hey, I was 21!) or bother to set the VCR. Then I felt guilt-stricken when it was cancelled - not that I was a Nielsen family or anything, but just the principle of the matter. Now it's been so long that all I remember is that the two main characters met in Europe.
What the Hell was with that timeslot. it was 9 or 10 on Saturdays no? And this was a show meant ot be about romantic 20somethings for romantic 20somethings? Did they really think they'd be home Sat evenings??

NBC made the same mistake last year with Miss Match, which while not a great show deserved better than it got.

E

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Sep 25th 2004, 6:42 pm

Well, it depends on how you define a kiss.

According to this site, the first same-sex kiss occurred on L.A. Law in 1991.

Roseanne and Mariel Hemingway's characters kissed in 1994, but it wasn't a passionate couple kiss.

This site gives the honor of first same-sex kiss on network tv to Rhonda and Susan on Relativity - their selection criteria says, "This timeline does not include characters who appeared in less than three episodes of a series (e.g. it doesn't include the Picket Fences episode from 1993, or this season's Fastlane episode, since those were single-episode storylines and the lesbian/bi characters weren't around for at least 3 episodes)."
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?