"Bedford Falls" moves to the WB

Discuss former or new projects of The Bedford Falls Company (production company of "My So-Called Life"), Marshall Herskovitz and Edward Zwick (executive producers) in this forum.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

"Bedford Falls" moves to the WB

Post by Sascha » Mar 27th 2004, 7:18 am

http://www.filmstew.com/Content/DailyNe ... =8234&Pg=1

Bedford Falls at Warner Bros.

Edward Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz bring their production label to the studio home of their The Last Samurai.

By FilmStew Staff Report

After a successful collaboration on The Last Samurai, Edward Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz have moved their production banner, The Bedford Falls Company, into the Warner Bros. fold. The new two-year, first-look production deal does not include Bedford's television productions, which remain based at ABC. Bedford Falls will keep its Santa Monica offices, rather than moving onto the Warner Bros. lot.

While the two companies have not announced a formal slate, Bedford Falls brings at least two new projects into the Warner Bros. deal. Bedford is developing a biopic about controversial Chicago artist Henry Darger, The Henry Darger Project, and a psychological thriller, penned by John Glascoe, entitled Premonition.

Previously, Bedford Falls had a film production deal with Alliance Atlantis. Canadian-based indie producer Alliance has been moving away from production into distribution, prompting Bedford's amicable parting from the company.

Zwick and Herskovitz's Samurai, the Oscar-nominated film released last year, went on to gross over $110 million at the North American box office and picked up over $332 million worth of business overseas.

Repped by CAA, Bedford has produced such Oscar-winning films as Legends of the Fall, Shakespeare in Love and Traffic, as well as the Oscar-nominated feature I Am Sam. On the television side, Zwick and Herskovitz have collaborated on series such as thirtysomething, My So-Called Life and Once and Again.