"Letting Go" - new movie by Bedford Falls

Discuss former or new projects of The Bedford Falls Company (production company of "My So-Called Life"), Marshall Herskovitz and Edward Zwick (executive producers) in this forum.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

"Letting Go" - new movie by Bedford Falls

Post by Sascha » Aug 28th 2003, 4:24 pm

20th Century Fox / Bedford Falls bought in July a screenplay by former "My So-Called Life," "Roswell" and "Boston Public" writer Jason Katims called "Letting Go".

Description: "Two boomer parents experience severe empty nest syndrome after dropping off their son at college. Instead of dealing with it the hard way, the mother gets deeply involved with her son's life at school, imagining he is the target of a plot and venturing up to the ivory tower to "rescue" him."
Script price: $1.25 million
Genre: Comedy

Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz will produce the movie.
The Philadelphia Daily News additionaly wrote:Wynnefield native Marshall Herskovitz and his Bedford Falls company are in pre-production on "Letting Go," a film about parents who experience empty nest syndrome when their son goes to college. The 1969 Lower Merion High grad created "thirtysomething" and "My So-Called Life" and is also producer of "The Last Samurai," starring Tom Cruise, which opens Dec. 5. Marshall visits family in town about twice a year and is currently writing a romantic comedy that he plans to direct. One of these days, he'd love to film another project in Philly, and we'd love that, too.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/living/6512761.htm