Bess Armstrong in This Girl For Hire (1983)

Discuss former or new projects of Bess Armstrong ("Patty Chase") in this forum.
Tish
Three Rivers Resident

Bess Armstrong in This Girl For Hire (1983)

Post by Tish » Apr 11th 2009, 7:48 pm

I don't know if have the right person, I'm sure I do. When I was little I watched this movie from 1983 called This Girl For Hire. It was about a woman who was a detective--but like those 40s style detective--and I'm sure it was Bess Armstrong cos that's the first time I heard that name or seen her in anything. Maybe some older viewers might remember. I know, like, I didn't dream this up. Does anyone know this movie? I saw it one afternoon on TV in 1988.
"i am a punk rocker, and i fight for justice!"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Bess Armstrong in This Girl For Hire

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 11th 2009, 8:51 pm

According to imdb, that was Bess Armstrong in This Girl for Hire! The movie also starred Celeste Holm, Jose Ferrer, and Roddy McDowell.
In this pilot for a proposed TV series, B.T. Brady is a flippant, but somewhat klutzy female private detective in 1940s Hollywood who sets out to solve the murder of a obnoxious mystery writer. Along the way, Brady gets help from her flamboyant mother Zandra, a washed-up actress, as well as Brady's live-in boyfriend Wolfe who runs a memorabilia shop.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?