Bess Armstrong on Good Morning Miami (2002)

Discuss former or new projects of Bess Armstrong ("Patty Chase") in this forum.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Bess Armstrong on Good Morning Miami (2002)

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 10th 2002, 2:29 am

This Thursday, November 14, Bess Armstrong guest stars on NBC's Good Morning Miami. She plays the mother of Dylan (the love interest of the main character). I haven't watched this show because it looked like it totally sucked, but hey it's Patty!

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Bess Armstrong in Good Morning Miami

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Nov 11th 2002, 5:13 am

Thanx for the info, candygirl. I've actually been watching this show since the beginning because it features Tessie Santiago, an alumni from Queen of Swords (which I watched because it featured alumni from one of my other fave shows, Highlander: The Series). I didn't know what to expect, but I've enjoyed this sitcom so far. It has some great one-liners, a fun cast of characters and a nice brewing romance so it will be fun to see MSCL's Patty on this one.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 11th 2002, 3:37 pm

Quite honestly, I have been wary of the shows that NBC throws onto the Thursday night schedule. When I think of the utter crap that has been put in the post-Friends/pre-ER time slots (Veronica's Closet immediately comes to mind), I shudder. Actually, I think it would be more accurate to say that I gave up on trying to watch. If you say it's good AND Patty will be on, I will give it a try this week.

:D

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Bess Armstrong in Good Morning Miami

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Nov 12th 2002, 4:21 am

Yikes, candygirl, I'm feeling the pressure now, so I hope you enjoy GMM. I am not a big sitcom watcher, but this show definitely doesn't grate on my nerves like most of these shows do. Hopefully you will find more than BA's guest spot to like about the episode you see.

grlNmiami
Tino

mom in miami?

Post by grlNmiami » Dec 5th 2002, 10:46 pm

HAHAHA sitting here watching Good Morning Miami (yes sad but true) and "Patty Chase" is playing mom again.... she looks great :)

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Dec 6th 2002, 10:43 am

How is that show? I watched the first episode, but couldn't really get into it. I like that one man's gradnmother, though. The lady with the black hair streaked with gray.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Post by Guest » Dec 6th 2002, 7:50 pm

I don't think "Good Morning Miami" is all that great... but it fills the time between Friends and ER for me :) I hate reality shows and haven't found any other sitcoms in that time slot worth switching to... but yeah the grandma is funny and the make-up artist girl is pretty good too. I should jst turn my DVDs on and watch those to pass the time or thursday night!

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: Bess Armstrong in Good Morning, Miami

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Dec 8th 2002, 5:56 am

I'm not sure why this episode was delayed, since the rest of the NBC Thursday night sitcom lineup featured visits with the characters' parents on 11/14. In any case, the episode featuring MSCL's Patty finally aired last week.

I'm still enjoying this show and thought Bess Armstrong as Dylan's mother was the perfect addition to the storyscape, although I'm not sure if it was a one-off deal. I guess BA just has that mom feel about her because she always seems to be playing a mom. This one, though, was a bit more likable than Patty, but maybe that's because Dylan's mom was dealing with an older daughter than Patty was.