Bess Armstrong on That Was Then (2002)

Discuss former or new projects of Bess Armstrong ("Patty Chase") in this forum.
NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Bess Armstrong on That Was Then (2002)

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Sep 26th 2002, 3:32 am

Is anyone planning on watching this ABC show, which I believe premieres this week? MSCL's Patty plays Mickey Glass in this story about a 30-year-old who has the opportunity to relive his high school years. You can find out more info on the show at the ABC Website, http://abc.abcnews.go.com/primetime/tha ... index.html .

The show is slated to air on ABC Friday, 9/27, from 9 to 10 p.m. EST and will repeat on ABC Family Saturday, 9/28, from 10 to 11 p.m. EST. And it looks like Friday is the show's regular slot for now.
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Bess Armstrong in That Was Then

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Oct 3rd 2002, 12:55 pm

The second episode of the series, Mayor May Not, will air Friday, 10/4, on ABC from 9 to 10 p.m. EST. Zap2It describes the ep as: "Travis travels to 1988 in a ploy to reunite Claudia and Gregg; Travis must convince Pinkus that he didn't steal Lanie from him."

SPOILERS

I watched last week's episode, and it was nice to see BA in a new role. But she's still playing the mother, although this one has a few different edges to her.

The concept of the show is interesting, looking at the chance to go back and change how things happen. But the show failed to really hook me. It's one of those that I'll watch if I'm around but that I'm not going to make a special effort to catch.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Oct 4th 2002, 11:30 pm

I caught a few minutes of this show last week. Bess Armstrong looked and sounded completely different. I kept seeing the mom and then wondering what part she played. I don't know if it was the brown hair or the seemingly added weight, but I saw her a few times before realizing who it was.

And Jeffery Tambor's in it, who is great as usual.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Oct 5th 2002, 2:45 pm

I know what you mean, dTheater. She really does look completely different. And although I usually prefer long hair, I really think BA looked better with the short blonde hair.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Oct 18th 2002, 7:11 am

Unfortunately, this show has already been canceled and replaced by American's Funniest Home Videos. Then again, those who missed it weren't really missing much. I only watched the premiere and intended to try and somewhat regularly watch the show but missed it every other time because of the bad timeslot.