Angela's Journal...good idea or bad?

Discussion and questions about the FanFiction section of MSCL.com. You can also post excerpts of your unfinished stories here if you're looking for feedback or ideas.
4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Angela's Journal...good idea or bad?

Post by 4alifetime » Nov 19th 2008, 3:22 pm

So...I had this idea to start Angela's journal instead of writing a storyline out like a script. As we all know the ideas for the show came about from Winnie H. writing diary entries. The idea is that now that Angela and Rayanne are no longer friends Angela needs an outlet and so she takes up writing in a journal that picks up basically right after where the series ended. One of my favorite parts of the show was the use of Voiceover(one word??) so I like to think of this as one long voiceover. Here are the first 2 entries I have written. Please let me know what you think, and you can be honest- I can take it! Mostly I want to know if anyone is interested in reading more...I plan to dig in deep into the Angela, Brian and Jordan triangle...oh yes, there will be a triangle! Just haven't written it yet!!

March 2nd : So ever since Rayanne and I have stopped talking I feel like I haven’t had anyone to vent to. I mean, I still have Rickie, I’ll always have Rickie. But I can’t talk about Jordan to him like I could to Rayanne. I can’t talk to anyone about Jordan the way I could to Rayanne. God, I miss her. . . That’s why I‘m starting this journal. I’ll loose my mind if I don’t find an outlet for my thoughts. Sometimes I wish I had an outlet for my LIFE! That’s why I never really liked the Wizard of Oz, I felt that Dorothy never appreciated Oz for what it was, an escape from her life. Sure, an evil witch was out to get her but at least she didn’t have Jordan Catalano to contend with. Jordan is the most powerful force I have ever encountered. I can not get him out of my head…or my heart. But he’s been so great ever since the incident with Rayanne why would I want to? I keep replaying the conversation we had that day I came home and he was waiting for me at my house. He wants to be with me. Sex or not. The ironic part is that I want to have sex with Jordan Catalano. Bad. Really bad. It’s all the think about when we are together. The pressure is gone, but now I want it. If it weren’t for what happened between him and Rayanne maybe….ugh.

March 3rd : I had an interesting conversation with Rayanne today at school. I think she figured out that since Jordan and I are making out all over school- yes…we have become “that couple-” that we are back together. I have to say it feels good for her to see us kissing. Anyway, she just walked up to me and said she was really happy for me. At first I didn’t say anything, I just stood there staring at her. I wanted to cry. To push her away…to hug her…to yell at her…to tell her that I miss her. And then all at once it hit me. Why was it fair to forgive Jordan and not Rayanne? Why was I capable of being in a relationship with someone who betrayed me but not a friendship with another? Maybe I was scared that it would happen again. But I know in my heart that it won‘t. So I did the only thing I could. Since I couldn’t speak I gave her a hug and then I walked away. She was confused but I saw her smiling as I turned the corner. Ok, enough for today, I have to go meet Rickie and Delia for dinner. Until tomorrow, or whenever I feel the need to write again…
There's so many different ways to be connected to people.
There are the people you feel this unspoken connection to,
even though there's not even a word for it.
There's the people who you've known forever, who know you in
this way that other people can't, because they've seen you
change...

they've let you change.

Cami A.
Catalano

Re: Angela's Journal...good idea or bad?

Post by Cami A. » Nov 23rd 2008, 4:10 am

4alifetime:

Definitely a good idea. I think the script like form of many fanfics can be distracting. I like the journal entry format a lot! It's much funner to get into Angela's head. I'm writing a fanfic from Rayanne's POV...and while it's not journal form, it's written in first person, so you get inside her head. I think this would be fun to see Angela forgive Rayanne.
I liked the part about Wizard of Oz...and the part about wanting to both push Rayanne away and hug her at the same time. These 2 entries definitely have the authentic feel of a teenage girl writing her thoughts down.

Cami
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Nov 23rd 2008, 10:18 am

Cami,

Thank you so much for the feedback!! I agree, the script format is distracting and hard to read sometimes. I also think it would be hard, for me anyway, to write a fanfic that way but I always wanted to try. Who doesn't want to do whatever they want with the characters from the greatest show of all time?! haha! The possibilities are endless...I don't know exactly where I want to go but Angela and Rayanne's relationship will live to see another day! It has to...

I still want to check out that show, October Road. I'll let you know what I think! I'd like to read your Rayanne fanfic, is it posted on here?
change...

they've let you change.

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Nov 23rd 2008, 5:09 pm

4alifetime:
Yes! Definitely check out October Road. It's all on YouTube. If you just seach October Road Season 1 Episode 1 Part 1, the first part of the Pilot will come up. I believe the user who has posted all of the episodes is "JESC1630"...Here's the link to the first video: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f
I don't know if they moderators will delete it, because they are pretty strict about posting policies here.

My fanfic is not on MSCL.com...It's on DRtv. Here's the direct link: http://z9.invisionfree.com/DRTV/index.php?showforum=49...
Again, they don't like me posting links to the same thing in multiple forums, so if they delete the link you might have to go to the Fan Fiction forum, and find a thread called New Rayanne Fanfic in Progress...the most recent posts have the link to the forum where it's posted. The name of the fic is "Between Names."

Cam

ikilledkennyandjr
Three Rivers Resident

Post by ikilledkennyandjr » Nov 23rd 2008, 6:42 pm

The Wizard of Oz reference is so cute, totally Angela--but then, she's in a different world than everyone else. Also the second entry is really touching, though I don't think they should reconcile quickly. I'd absolutely love to see more! I have a weakness for journal-stories. :)
"You know, the karma in this house is like ridiculous. It's really low... or dark... whatever it is that happens to karma."

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Nov 24th 2008, 3:01 pm

ikilledkennyandjr wrote:The Wizard of Oz reference is so cute, totally Angela--but then, she's in a different world than everyone else. Also the second entry is really touching, though I don't think they should reconcile quickly. I'd absolutely love to see more! I have a weakness for journal-stories. :)
Thanks! And don't worry, Rayanne and Angela will not reconcile so easily.
change...

they've let you change.

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Dec 3rd 2008, 6:58 pm

I think you captured Angela pretty well, nice writing.

You mentioned writing about a Angela, Brian and Jordan triangle, I can't wait to see what you come up with.

I'm always disappointed when fanfiction writers just ignore the fact that Angela was very effected when she learned that Brian wrote the letter, and just write about Jordan and Angela. It would be nice to see someone write about Angela having some kind of feelings for Brian.

Anyway, nice job so far, please write more.
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Jul 28th 2009, 6:58 pm

I am such a bad fan! :oops: I can't believe I wrote this last November and never followed through... Thanks guys for the feedback, I really really appreciate it! Special thanks to Cami for getting me back in the Fan Fic mode by introducing me to hers, which I can't wait to read more of!

Usually when I write something, and then I go some time later and read it again I erase it or throw it away, but I kinda liked where I started with this. Now if I can just remember what my storylines were!

And don't worry, Stburr91, I always intended on a love triangle between Angela, Jordan and Brian...in fact I wanted it to be basically what my fan fic was all about. I agree with our comment that you shouldn't ignore how Angela was affected by learning that Brian wrote the letter. I think she always knew, denial can be a powerful thing! Maybe that's what I can call my fan fic..."Denial ain't just a river in Africa!" LOL! Or maybe just "Denial" Any thoughts??! I'm big on titles, I feel like I can't really get going until I have an official title.
change...

they've let you change.

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Jul 28th 2009, 8:07 pm

Great! I'd wondered if you were going to come back to this!
I'm glad you've started reading my story, and I can't wait to read more of yours...assuming you will continue it. As for titles, I find it really fun to use some MSCL reference in the title. For example, you could use "My Own Prison"...from that famous Brian/Jordan line.

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Jul 29th 2009, 9:38 am

I agree, I definitely want to use a MSCL refernce in the title...

I had an idea last night to alternate journal entries between 2 characters. I wrote one more short entry for Angela, and then next I'm going to write one from Brian's perspective. It will be like they are both telling the story.

Here's the short entry for for Angela that I just wrote...

Angela:
Rayanne and Jordan slept together. Jordan and Rayanne slept together. Either way you put it it sounds bad. Jordan...and Rayanne. My best friend, ex-best friend, and my boyfriend. I refuse to obsess about this any longer. Today is a new day. For the sake of my sanity I will not obsess about this any longer! My emotions are waves crashing onto the shore. 20 foot swells at least. Why can't I get over something that happened so long ago, and while Jordan and I were like technically not even like, a couple? I just can't get the fact of it out of my head. Jordan...and Rayanne...I have to get out of this house!

I'm assuming I'm not supposed to keep posting the rest of the story here?
change...

they've let you change.

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Jul 29th 2009, 4:54 pm

I don't think there is anything against continuing to post your story in here, but you might want to start a new thread with a proper title...

I love the new entry, and the alternating between Angela and Brian idea!! Good rhythm to this one.

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Jul 29th 2009, 9:38 pm

Thanks Cami! Yeah, I'm going to have to post this as a new thread, I'm starting to confuse myself and that's usually when I lose interest or give up on what I'm doing! And if you can't tell, I'm horrible at navigating through forums...what's thread vs. topic, etc? LOL!
change...

they've let you change.

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Jul 30th 2009, 10:43 pm

I like the idea of writing from both Angela's and Brian's perspective.

I really wish I had time to re-write my last fanfic, and start up the new one I started a couple of years ago.
What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second."

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Post by 4alifetime » Aug 3rd 2009, 9:02 pm

What was you fan fic about? Did you post it? I'd like to read it. :D
change...

they've let you change.

stburr91
Liberty High Student

Post by stburr91 » Aug 4th 2009, 7:59 am

4alifetime wrote:What was you fan fic about? Did you post it? I'd like to read it. :D
I posted two in the FanFiction section.

The first one, I'm happy with, the second one, I never had the time to really finish it, and just got tired of trying to find the time, so I just posted what I had. I never really even edited it, so it's in desperate need of a rewrite, or at least being edited.

Here's my first one. "Life of Jordan"

http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4000