'MSCL: Return to Three Rivers' Fanfic

Discussion and questions about the FanFiction section of MSCL.com. You can also post excerpts of your unfinished stories here if you're looking for feedback or ideas.
Rick
Frozen Embryo

'MSCL: Return to Three Rivers' Fanfic

Post by Rick » Apr 14th 2008, 12:50 am

Hi everyone, I'm Rick and my friend and I have just started a MSCL fanfic at DRtv (A fanfic message board)

"My So Called Life: Return to Three Rivers" picks up 10 years after Angela's graduation. She is living in New York City, working for the Daily News and engaged to her boyfriend Jeff Madison.

I'd like to invite you all to take a look :)

My So-Called Life: Return to Three Rivers
http://z9.invisionfree.com/DRTV/index.php?showforum=31

DRtv Board
http://z9.invisionfree.com/DRTV/index.php?act=idx

Cami A.
Catalano

Re: 'MSCL: Return to Three Rivers' Fanfic

Post by Cami A. » Apr 15th 2008, 2:25 am

Hey Rick.

I just checked out the first episode of "Return to Three Rivers".
I loved the fact that you inserted the Cranberries song that came on the radio into the fic. It's fun when stories are almost interactive like that.
About the story itself, I love the set up of the plot, but you need to show us rather than tell us. Everything is explained in black and white too much...
Overall it was entertaining, and I can't wait to see what has happened to the gang! When will you update next?
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."

Rick
Frozen Embryo

Post by Rick » Apr 17th 2008, 2:35 pm

Cami A. wrote:Hey Rick.

I just checked out the first episode of "Return to Three Rivers".
I loved the fact that you inserted the Cranberries song that came on the radio into the fic. It's fun when stories are almost interactive like that.
About the story itself, I love the set up of the plot, but you need to show us rather than tell us. Everything is explained in black and white too much...
Overall it was entertaining, and I can't wait to see what has happened to the gang! When will you update next?
Thanks for the feedback Cami. Episode 1.02 has now been posted. New episodes will be posted on Mondays and Thursdays with an occasional Wednesday episode.

If I'm being honest, the first few episodes may be a little boring, with the re-introduction of characters and whatnot. We start hitting our stride at the reunion and beyond.

Also, we allow guests to post replies on DRtv, so there's need to sign up unless you want to? If you ever want to comment, pleasde feel free.

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Apr 17th 2008, 10:43 pm

Thanks for the info, Rick.
I'll check it out.

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Apr 18th 2008, 1:51 am

Rick,
I just read the second episode.
Again, I feel that there was a little bit too much explanation, and not enough showing...
Even Angela's dialogue is unnatural. She explains things in these long-winded sentences that don't seem real.
However, I do love your set up once again. It's great that we are seeing Danielle all grown up, with her own ideas and a voice. Finally!
And nice Voice Over at the end!