New Rayanne FanFic in Progress

Discussion and questions about the FanFiction section of MSCL.com. You can also post excerpts of your unfinished stories here if you're looking for feedback or ideas.
Cami A.
Catalano

Re: New Rayanne FanFic in Progress

Post by Cami A. » Apr 3rd 2009, 8:49 am

Its been months since I wrote a new chapter of Between Names, but finally Chapter 19 is in the works and should be posted in the next few weeks. Please get caught up with the first 18 chapters in the meantime!
"So, the mouse makes pressure, just by breathing?...I can relate."

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Apr 14th 2009, 4:00 am

Finally a new chapter is up!
CHAPTER 19: EMPTY
http://s9.zetaboards.com/DRTV/topic/7095033/1

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Apr 21st 2009, 1:27 pm

Okay, so I started a livejournal account, and I'm starting to re-post Between Names there, starting with Chapter 1. http://graylizscorpio.livejournal.com/

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Apr 26th 2009, 9:11 pm

Wow. DRTV is the most visually confusing site I've ever been to. I cannot navigate it. Anyway to read the stories without all the pictures and stuff? I can't differentiate.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Apr 27th 2009, 6:03 am

I replied to your PM regarding this.

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Jul 15th 2009, 2:55 am

All chapters of Between Names can be found HERE.
I've taken down all other versions.
There are currently 20 chapters.

Last edited by Cami A. on Jul 30th 2009, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brunkster
Liberty High Student

Post by Brunkster » Jul 27th 2009, 6:25 pm

Hey Cami!

I just finished reading all 20 chapters of Between Names. Unfortunately, I don't have a detailed review for you at the moment, but if I have time I will definitely put one together at some point. Your story and your writing get stronger as you move from one chapter to the next. There are many scenes in which I think you nailed a character or a piece of dialogue. You've done a great job! Did you feel that you were gaining momentum as your story progressed, or am I coming out of left field here?

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Jul 28th 2009, 2:19 am

Brunkster!

I'm so glad to hear that you've finished Between Names, and very flattered by your enthusiasm over it! I do plan to continue it to a definite end - a complete story. I will probably start writing again in October, when I've got more time. At times I feel like my earlier chapters were better, but at others I feel like the story has taken on a life of its own -- I really don't plan it out all too much...the characters and plot seem to almost write themselves. No other characters have inspired me this much, ever. I credit Winnie for all of it.

What do you think of the current Rickie storyline?

Brunkster
Liberty High Student

Post by Brunkster » Jul 28th 2009, 12:44 pm

Cami,

The Rickie story line is good - it is something I am sure the series would have continued to explore in a second season. Keep running with it. . .you may be surprised with where it takes you! You've portrayed him true to character in that he is someone who needs help but is reluctant to take it. He doesn't want to be a charity case. Maybe someone can get Rickie to do something for him/her so he feels better about accepting help? ("Rickie, I'm buying you dinner so you can help me with this stupid essay, not because I'm trying to fatten you up. God!")

Doesn't Rayanne live in a house in the series? A cop drops her off at her house in the pilot but I don't know if things changed once the series went into production.

Keep it up! BTW, what's your day job? I just want to know what it is that gets in the way of your writing. :P

Cami A.
Catalano

Post by Cami A. » Jul 28th 2009, 4:29 pm

I'm a full time college student. This is my last year - I'm getting my bachelors in Business Administration either in April or June. During the summer I spend a lot of time with friends so I don't get much time to write. During the academic year, I'm by myself a lot, as I go to school 6 hours from home. I have a lot of time, during which I should be studying, in which my mind wanders and I find myself writing. It doesn't take me long to write a chapter once inspiration strikes...maybe a few hours.

Yeah, you definitely need to try trickery to convince Rickie to accept help. I've written one scene for chapter 21 where Rickie is with Rayanne and Amber at their apartment. I still haven't figured out why he went missing, lol. I think the building in the pilot was not a house, it was an apartment complex - the front entrance. I may be wrong. I always got an impression from the interior that it was an apartment - and her mom doesn't seem well paid.

Can you tell which characters I favor from reading BN? And which I dislike and tend to ignore? :)