HELP!!!!!!!

Discussion and questions about the FanFiction section of MSCL.com. You can also post excerpts of your unfinished stories here if you're looking for feedback or ideas.
TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Nov 7th 2004, 6:04 pm

Wait.... she's *not* 13??? :?

Hell then, let her have it! :D
Moltar- Well hey, Thom asked me if he could see my knife, and Thom's doing a song about knife, and he wanted to see what one looked like. Isn't that right Thom? (Pulls out knife again)
Space Goast- (Turns to Thom Yorke) Is that right?
Thom- ...No.
Space Goast- Cuz it sounds like a good idea... so do it.

-Space Goast With Thom Yorke

ilovemyboo
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ilovemyboo » Nov 7th 2004, 6:50 pm

hey im still a youngin so be gentel ..lolz jp but anywho i never really thought about that possibility with jordan.....and your right (SNAP) so im gonna re look that part.
lada
jill
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE
"forget about those dirty looks, the photographs your boyfriend took"(giggle giggle giggle)
"this isn't a fashion statement, ITS A FU***** DEATH WISH"
"Say goodbye to the hearts you break and all the cyanid you drank"
*dancing is like camping ....... It's in tents

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 7th 2004, 8:02 pm

ilovemyboo wrote:i try really hard to not cut out other acedemic things, but where i live i don't always have a choice. I would love a chance to be smarter but sometimes i just, can't..........................
California high schools require a minimum of three years of English, two years of math, two years of science, and three years of social studies/history/government. Fulfilling those requirements should give you a good basic knowledge of these subjects, but you DO have a choice to take your classes seriously. It's not a matter of being smarter but putting in the effort since most of these classes require basic memorization, not quantum physics type aptitude. Learning and doing well in academics is similar to dance in that your brain is a muscle and you have to learn how to use it properly. Sometimes it's hard to wrap your head around certain concepts, but if you work at it you can do it. Think of it this way - no one starts out knowing how to do fouettes, axels, switch leaps, triple pirouettes, etc. It takes time, concerted effort, practice - all the things that also apply to your academics.
but anyway i know its hard .......but believe me its a chance im willing to take
It's not really clear what you are responding to with this sentence, but I certainly hope you don't mean you are giving up on academics so that you can concentrate solely on dancing. It's extremely competitive, and like I said before, even if you are great that doesn't mean you will be able to make a living at it. Unless you are independently wealthy, you might want to have a back up plan, and having good basic English skills are a good start.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 7th 2004, 8:11 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:I never had to do peer-editing in college, but we did have to do them in high school and in earlier grades. I don't remember being a great fan of them then, but now, with 130 students, I find I have to speak on their behalf. It is maddening to sit down with 130 essays, out of which only a handful have been revised from the first draft. With many students, even in the very prestigious community I teach in, in-class peer-editing is the only guarantee I have that the papers will be read even once before they are turned in.

I totally hear what you're saying, and I have heard this argument from other friends who teach, but I always felt that it was not MY responsibility as a student to fix someone else's paper.
Teachers no longer just hand over papers to students and expect them to go at, there are worksheets with specific questions and tasks, enabling every student to complete that task somewhat effectively.
I was given those peer editing worksheets in some classes, but even the specific questions don't help when the people filling them out are still saying vague things. It's probably even MORE frustrating to get one of those worksheets back with no helpful feedback than when we were allowed to freeform peer edit.
And peer editing gives students the chance to see what peers at their grade level of capable of, trains them for self-editing, and gets them actually thinking about their writing, and making choices.
I agree with this in principle but not always in practice. It's frustrating to have to peer review the same person's paper through multiple drafts and see that they have disregarded key comments about the structure or even little throwaway comments about word choice. Hee, it seems that frustrating is the word that pops up the most when I think of peer reviews. They were the bane of many an English class.

:mrgreen:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

ilovemyboo
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ilovemyboo » Nov 8th 2004, 1:16 am

all right now yall sound like my mom lolz j/p but i was thinking that i might try writing in the interactive story before tyring to re do my fan fic i was hopein that might help me by expiriencing writing with a background already intact. Ya neva know, and about the peer editing. MOTHER OF ALL THINGS FREEGIN HOLY i really dont like those i see how it could be a positive expirience but, pass on. It can actually be a real trip if you do it with some friends (you never would guess some of the things my friends have in there minds) :shock: hahahahahahah thats ok i still love you guys. but anyway im GOING TO SCHOOL TOMMOROW (not like my teachers ever show but im gonna at least try) and if they dont the theater is only down stairs!!!!!!!!!
this has absoulutly nothing to do with any of the topics but i need help bad tell me what song would catch you attention or if you know any good ones (i would really love the help)

you aint seen nothin yet -by (i have no freegin idea)
cant live my life this way- kanye west
pretty girl- sugarcult
welcome to my life- simple plan
come what may-from that movie with nicole kidman
my immortal-by evanescence
love song by pink (not 311)
when you say you love me- by josh groban

thanks
jill :D
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE
"forget about those dirty looks, the photographs your boyfriend took"(giggle giggle giggle)

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 8th 2004, 2:03 am

ilovemyboo wrote:this has absoulutly nothing to do with any of the topics but i need help bad tell me what song would catch you attention or if you know any good ones (i would really love the help)

you aint seen nothin yet -by (i have no freegin idea)
cant live my life this way- kanye west
pretty girl- sugarcult
welcome to my life- simple plan
come what may-from that movie with nicole kidman
my immortal-by evanescence
love song by pink (not 311)
when you say you love me- by josh groban
You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet is by Bachman Turner Overdrive
Come What May is from the movie Moulin Rouge
I don't know the version of Love Song that Pink does, but the 311 version is actually a cover of The Cure's Love Song. The original is much better IMO. Is this music list for a soundtrack for your fanfic? There is a music forum here on this website you could check out...
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 8th 2004, 2:16 am

I use two Cure songs in my fanfictions. I'm not familiar with the other songs you listed.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

ilovemyboo
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ilovemyboo » Nov 9th 2004, 1:20 am

ummm,ya i was thinking of using some of the songs in the fan fiction im gonna start for the interactive story and i also just needed to know for some other reasons(cough) but anywayz i found the story i want to go off of and im gonna TRY to write it down here this is basically my intro tell me if it even inters you)

*by the way im starting off after angel and jordan have *ummed* and angela has found out shes pregneant*

Open up to a shot of Angela walking down the hall's of Liberty. It's the day after Angela's revealed to Jordan that he's going to be a father. She goes over to her locker and starts to get out her notes, books,etc. She turns around to see Jordan, Shane, and a few unknown friends walking twords her. Angela waits for him, assuming that he's going to come to her. Jordan looks her dead in the eyes then quikley turns away. He walks by her as if she's not even there.

Angela VO- OH MY GOD!!! I'm such an idiot. I shouldn't have expected Jordan to stay with me through all this. My god im doing this alone.....

Come into Jordan sitting in class. He's not really paying attention. He seems to be lost in his own world.

Jordan VO- So the thing is, I think I'm over Angela. I'm just going to let her deal with this. I'll probably just be in the way. She'll find someone ealse, you know, to be a real father .......

That's exactlly what happened. Jordan and Angela didn't say a word to each other the rest of the year. When she started to show, he pretended to not care. School ended, Angela had the baby alone, and school's about to start up again. Her parents weren't the same around her anymore. She wasn't the same. There was going to be a daycare at the school that she would leave the baby with. It wasn't just having a child to take care of that made her change, it was everything.......

(i was thinking that i might go to say how jordans reaction would be when he first sees the baby and how he would respound if someone tried to take his place as the father)ow by the way the reason why this is so short is beacause its my introduction to the actuall story
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 9th 2004, 1:36 am

Does Angela have to get pregnant? I have trouble believing that she would end up pregnant. She put up such a fight to no have sex with Jordan. What if it were Sharon or Rayanne who got pregnant? We do know that Sharon has had sex, and how it usually works is once you have sex with one person, you're most likely going to have sex with the next person you date. So Sharon could get pregnant by a new boyfriend (not Kyle). And Rayanne certainly could, because that seems to be what happened to her mother (pregnant with Rayanne at an early age... probably). Or maybe if Angela does get pregnant, maybe your story could take place after high school. I just can't see Angela becoming accidentally pregnant in high school.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 9th 2004, 2:04 am

First off, GREAT IMPROVEMENT in diction and spelling! I also have problems believing Angela getting pregnant in high school, but then, the Interactive Story isn't all that faithful to the original series. If you want to take up with the pregnancy go for it, I can see that it might be kind of fun exploring situations with these characters out of context of what would have likely occured in future episodes. I do disagree that if that situation did arise, that Jordan would abandon her like that (but nor do I agree with the ineractive chapters that have Angela and Jordan settling down and having this nice family relationship. I think pursuing this situation may require a delicate balance.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

shygurl_hotgurl06
Frozen Embryo

Post by shygurl_hotgurl06 » Nov 9th 2004, 4:46 pm

Hey, about your story that you're about to write ilovemyboo, if you're going to make Angela get pregnant then i REALLY REALLY doubt that Jordan would just leave her like that and just automatically have no feelings for her anymore and just be completely over her. It just ain't clicking in my head, you know what i mean. Anyway, thats just my opinion. I have to admit that it is better then the story you were going to make in the first place about Angela being a bartender and Jordan just blowing up and becoming famous out of nowhere. I agree with Jody it was a big improvement.

ANYWAYS, i think the person who would get pregnant would probably be Rayanne since she is a slut and all. But honestly i don't think any of them would get pregnant. (i hope i'm spelling that right) All and all i think since you're putting so much thought into this (well i hope you are) then your story will be good no matter what it's about.

ilovemyboo
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ilovemyboo » Nov 9th 2004, 8:10 pm

Ok well the whole thing about angela getting knocked up (i really don't buy it either. ......but thats the way the story went so im just gonna go with it, and im not gonna make jordan totally leave her. One of my old dance coaches also taught teen health and she was talking about how usually the guy will get shocked and leave (for a while) just because they get scared but once they see the baby (and that the girl isn't as hormonal) they usually try to let the girl take them back so he can be part of the childs life. i also had a friend who went through something like this and so im gonna use what i know from expirience (not me personally :wink: ) thanks for showing some interst and ill try to update on it soon!!!!
im out
jillian
one last thing Lillah i know you come on this site everyday so dont act dumb, HAPPY B-DAY(we love you)
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE

ilovemyboo
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ilovemyboo » Nov 16th 2004, 11:03 pm

hey hey hey,
ITS OK I'M BACK (lolz) like anyone cares but i need some help(again)
the lady that i was getting my information from(the teen sex lady) has left me , how shall i say this...."unfullfilled" SO i just need to know if anybody knows where i can get any information
THANKS
JILL
ok im so sorry but some funny stuff has happened to me latley and if i don't say anything i might go crazy so IM SORRY IF ANY OF THIS SEEMS PROFAINE!!!!!!(if ya just dont give a crap you dont have to read this) :D

ok so i was sitting in the back of the bus with hunter we were on they way home from honor choir and we were just cuddling in the back being very quiet not bugging anyone then out of no where hunter gets in this argument with mercedes and they cant come up with anything ealse to say and hunters all YOUR MOTHER (nice come back baby) and mercedes cant think of anything ealse to say so shes all " well.. well. YOUR PARENTS HAD SEX!!!" and hunter looks down at me like OMG then he turns back to her ands hes all"YOU LIE TAKE THAT BACK" hahahahahahahahahahaha (well i thought it was funny)

then today in drama we were waltzing and hunter was my partner and he didnt know how to waltz so he was trying to get me to freak dance with him(hahahaha NO) and i wasnt going to and this old ladys walking around and she stops in front of us and she yell"HES GOTS THE DEVIL IN HIM" then she wacked him with her purse LOLZ
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 16th 2004, 11:55 pm

ilovemyboo wrote:the lady that i was getting my information from(the teen sex lady) has left me , how shall i say this...."unfullfilled" SO i just need to know if anybody knows where i can get any information
Be more specific, I don't know what kind of information you mean.

murfdurf22
Nicky Driscoll

WHAT THE HECK!!!???

Post by murfdurf22 » Nov 17th 2004, 1:02 am

WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH MSCL, OR FANFICTION OR SOMETHING. WHAT THE HECK IS THIS ABOUT, HUNTER AND MERCEDES AND STUFF. OH, AND WHO SAYS, "YOUR MOTHER" ANYWAY? WE ARE NOT IN THE 90'S ANYMORE. WE DO NOT KNOW THOSE PEOPLE, AND WHAT KIND OF HELP ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. YOU SAID YOU NEEDED SOME INFORMATION ABOUT SOMETHING, CAN YOU TELL US WHAT IT IS BEFORE PUTTING OUT SOME BOGUS USELESS STORY THAT HAPPEND TO YOU ON THE BUS. I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I GET THE STORY IN THE FIRST PLACE. I THOUGHT YOU WAS COO' UNTIL I READ THIS THING.