More Fanfics??

Discussion and questions about the FanFiction section of MSCL.com. You can also post excerpts of your unfinished stories here if you're looking for feedback or ideas.
Jess
Tino

More Fanfics??

Post by Jess » Aug 7th 2004, 2:06 am

Hi. I've read most of the fanfics on this site and I was wondering if anyone knows where i can read more mscl fanfics or is there anyone that has written some that I could read? You can email me at Luckystar0328@hotmail.com if you have a fanfic i can read. Thanks.

PS: I would really like to read some where Angela & Jordan are a couple.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 7th 2004, 2:11 am

As far as I know, what you see here is what there is. I know a lot of people have epsiodes they're working on, but these things seem to take a LONG time!!
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 7th 2004, 2:16 am

Has anyone done a fanfic in the style of "Life of Brian" or "The Weekend" where the voice-overs are done from the perspective of someone other than Angela? For that matter, you could even go back to the transcripts of the episodes and rewrite it from another character's POV.

:idea: :?:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 7th 2004, 2:27 am

There have been some interesting posts at the TWoP MSCL forum about which characters they would have liked to have a POV/voiceover episode.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 7th 2004, 2:37 am

It's been years since I have read the fanfic, but I have a feeling that the answer is yes. I know for sure that chapters in the Interactive story do. Actually as I think back to some of the comments I wrote on the stories, I'm pretty sure that some did. A lot of people give Jordan voice overs, but as alluring as it is to get into Catalano's mind, I strongly feel that this would never have happened on the show (never a full episode of Jordan voice overs at least, maybe the occasional "wait, isn't tonight, like, New Year's Eve?"). I think it would be neat to see an episode from either Patty or Graham's perspective. It seems like in fanfics people lean towards abusing the voice overs -- using them too often and relying on them to explicitly explain everything rather than leaving things for the audience to make meaning of for themselves. I think there's a fine line between effective use of, and abuse of the MSCL voice over. They weren't actually employed that often in most episodes.
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 7th 2004, 2:40 am

Good point about the V.O. abuse. I've noticed it in a lot of fanfics, not just MSCL.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Aug 9th 2004, 9:51 am

I used other characters, Danielle and Brian, for voiceovers briefly in my stories. Using other characters adds some variety and gives plot points a different emphasis. I think this device would have been used more often had the series lasted longer.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/