Perceptions and Memories

Discussion and questions about the FanFiction section of MSCL.com. You can also post excerpts of your unfinished stories here if you're looking for feedback or ideas.
larrymcg
Tino

Perceptions and Memories

Post by larrymcg » Jun 23rd 2003, 5:29 pm

Just read this fanfic by Dan Ness. First, it's interesting to note that Dan Ness is a reviewer of fanfic and reviewed several stories on this site a few years back. He gave very favorable reviews to Shannon and Shobi's fics and to the site overall.

Perceptions and Memories is the best story I've read on the site yet. It's one of the few written in standard prose, but it's still remarkable how strong his dialogue is. His descriptions of the characters are beautiful. I got chills when he described Angela at Brian's door. The story is very true to Brian's character. Dan seems to understand him really well, especially what happened to him towards the end of the season and where he was probably headed in the future. This is the only story I've read so far that puts [spoiler]Brian with Sharon[/spoiler] and it really works. I could really picture [spoiler]Sharon[/spoiler] the way she was described, with a big smile waiting for him to show up. This was a brilliant story. I recommend everyone check it out.

Larry McGillicuddy
Author of "Three Days in Three Rivers" and "Secrets and Lies"
Larry McGillicuddy
Author of Three Days in Three Rivers

"It does better than make sense. It makes you feel. It wakes you up."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 23rd 2003, 7:08 pm

Can you post a link to the fanfic?

I will admit that I am not a fan of fanfic in general, but you made this one sound worth it.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 23rd 2003, 7:10 pm

Sorry. I found the story here:

http://www.mscl.com/fanfiction/show_aut ... =low&id=48

Thanks for the recommendation.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."