Fan Fiction

Discussion and questions about the FanFiction section of MSCL.com. You can also post excerpts of your unfinished stories here if you're looking for feedback or ideas.

Fan Fiction

Post by Guest » Jul 5th 2001, 3:23 pm

What is everyone's favourite Fan Fiction Story????

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Fan Fiction

Post by dTheater » Jul 9th 2001, 2:25 am

I liked Shannon's stories - I thought she had a good sense of the characters - but I really disliked ER Holdridge's stories: they were way too dramatic, over-the-top, and I felt like I was reading different characters all together. I liked any story that had a good sense of the characters and the way they spoke.

"Close your eyes, you can find all you need in your mind if you Take the Time" - Dream Theater

Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » Jul 10th 2007, 3:15 am

I've really enjoyed Jim Brooks' stories. I wanted to write to him and tell him how much I liked them but they were written so long ago I'm not sure if his email is still good.
RM
"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Aug 14th 2007, 6:15 pm

Rainey's_Mischief wrote:I've really enjoyed Jim Brooks' stories. I wanted to write to him and tell him how much I liked them but they were written so long ago I'm not sure if his email is still good.
RM
You can just tell me here then. :)
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » Aug 18th 2007, 2:18 am

Well Hi Jim! I'm glad to see you are still here on the website. I liked your stories very much and I felt you really nailed the characters. I enjoyed every one of your stories. Have you thought about writing any more? Have you written anything else I can read other than the MSCL fan fics?
"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Aug 24th 2007, 8:59 pm

Rainey's_Mischief wrote:I liked your stories very much and I felt you really nailed the characters. I enjoyed every one of your stories.
Thank you so much. Even back when I was writing those (nearly 10 years ago!!), the most important thing for me was to stay true to the characters. When I read some of the stories now, I don't think they're so good, but I'm proud to have gotten the characters down pretty well.
Have you thought about writing any more?
I actually have a 20-30 page wordfile of scenes and ideas for a final "episode." Even to this day, an idea will come down on me from out of nowhere and I'll add it to this file that I've been keeping ever since I wrote my last fanfic. But I was in high school when I wrote those. Real life, work, adulthood, my own ambitions, a lack of demand, and laziness have all kept me from completing it. I always tell myself "one of these days." It's just a matter of sitting down and doing it.
Have you written anything else I can read other than the MSCL fan fics?
That's another thing that keeps from writing another fanfic; I write stuff that I take very seriously and hope to one day sell, so that takes precedence. I have written roughly a half-dozen screenplays over the years. Although many of them are still being rewritten and constantly revised, I do have one completely done and "out there." It was started during my days in college and reflects that. In some ways, it's MSCL-ish, and contains at least one brief but thinly-veiled MSCL reference.

Anyway, thanks for the interest and for your complements.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)