Tom Irwin on Saving Grace (2007-2010)

Discuss former or new projects of Tom Irwin ("Graham Chase") in this forum.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Tom Irwin on Saving Grace (2007-2010)

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 20th 2007, 6:51 pm

Tom Irwin costars as Father John in this TNT series starring Holly Hunter and Laura San Giacomo. Description from the futon critic:
A female cop and 20-year veteran crashes her vehicle into another car on her way home from a particularly grueling day, fatally wounding the driver of the other car. After screaming to Heaven not to let the man die, an angel comes to her and erases the event, on the one condition that she change her life and her embittered attitude towards others. She agrees, and this unique series follows her long and bumpy road to redemption, with the angel sticking around to keep her on track.
Additional info:
Kenneth Johnson (Curtis Lemansky on "The Shield") and Bailey Chase (Jake Porter on "Las Vegas") are the latest additions to the drama pilot, about a jaded Oklahoma City detective (Holly Hunter) who communicates with an irascible angel (Leon Rippy). Johnson will play Det. Ham Tipton, who's described in the casting notice as: "40-45 years old, Caucasian, handsome, masculine, a Southern boy with a big heart, Ham is Grace's partner, on the Force and in bed. Unhappily married to Darleen, Ham is having a mind-blowing affair with Grace, but he's beating himself up over the fact that he's cheating on his wife. Finding himself caught in a bad country music song, Ham is caught between two women, doing his best to lose both of them at the same time, bouncing back and forth between the two of them." Chase then is set as Det. Butch Stillwater, who's detailed as: "35-40, Native American, handsome, fit. Bruce is another detective with the Oklahoma City PD. A man who has been sober for two long years, Butch had an affair with Grace for three months, and in his opinion, that gives him the right to talk frankly with Grace about her character flaws. Treated to a blast of attitude whenever he shows concern about Grace's personal life, Butch works along with her in trying to solve the kidnapping of 10 year old Maddie Drew. Butch tries to act as Grace's conscience, but she regards his well-meaning interventions as the actions of a busybody." Bokeem Woodbine and Laura San Giacomo also star in the hour, which comes from creator Nancy Miller and fellow executive producers Artie Mandelberg, E. Duke Vincent, Gary A. Randall and Sergio Mimica-Gezzan, the latter of which is directing.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Tom Irwin in Saving Grace

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » Aug 7th 2007, 7:47 pm

Tom plays Grace's (Holly Hunter) brother who is a priest. Has anyone watched this show yet? I've seen 3 episodes and so far I really like it. It has a very tongue in cheek humor to religion.
RM
"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."

Rainey's_Mischief
Three Rivers Resident

Re: Tom Irwin in Saving Grace

Post by Rainey's_Mischief » May 12th 2010, 10:11 pm

Well Saving Grace is about to run it's final 5 episodes. The series got cancelled siting it was "too expensive" to keep shooting. I have no idea how that is true. It's such a great show I hate to see it end. Plus I just love Tom Irwin. IMDB says his next project is a completed film called "Priviledged".
"You're so beautiful, it hurts to look at you."