Anyone know AJ Langer's up to?

Discuss former or new projects of A.J. Langer ("Rayanne Graff") in this forum.
starbug
Lifehead

Anyone know AJ Langer's up to?

Post by starbug » Jul 11th 2002, 11:24 am

My personal favourite actress on the show, I was just wondering if anyone knows what she's up to...
I read a really alarming article a while ago saying she was suffering from an awful disease and was taking a break, but haven't heard anything new for ages. Is she OK?
Is she featured on the DVD set bonus bits I wonder...

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Three Sisters

Post by socalledfan » Jul 11th 2002, 11:38 am

Hey starbug!

Well, AJ Langer has been on this US sitcom for 2 seasons now(?), called Three Sisters. She plays the youngest sister in a family living in California. The show is half-decent. Not too funny, but watchable. She looks beautiful.

In one episode, they showed her character's bedroom...and there was an MSCL poster on the wall...a little wink to our great show. It was pretty cool.

So, yeah, she's been busy. I also read a while back about an illness she was suffering that caused her constant joint pain. Apparently, she was suffering from this during MSCL. Not sure what disease though. Poor thing!

Socalledfan
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jul 11th 2002, 11:43 am

thanks for that info Socalledfan :)

I'm hoping the show will maybe air on cable TV over here but I'm not too hopeful - generally we get repeats of things like MASH and Roseanne, not to mention tons of Frasier (not complaining though...)

Apparently the disease is called Fibromyalgis or something. Sounds pretty awful - you wouldn't guess she was suffering from her performances though, would you?

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Jul 11th 2002, 1:04 pm

Yeah, I watched 3 Sisters also. You're right SCFan in that the writing wasn't that strong but it had it's moments. I just got a kick out of seeing RayAnne 'all-growed-up'. (Sorry; that's small-town-Midwest slanguage.) For anyone who hasn't seen it, they sure made her character up as she was billed as "the hot one" of the sisters. If I am not mistaken, the show has ended.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Post by Guest » May 24th 2003, 1:51 pm

starbug wrote:thanks for that info Socalledfan :)

I'm hoping the show will maybe air on cable TV over here but I'm not too hopeful - generally we get repeats of things like MASH and Roseanne, not to mention tons of Frasier (not complaining though...)

Apparently the disease is called Fibromyalgis or something. Sounds pretty awful - you wouldn't guess she was suffering from her performances though, would you?
Hey STARBUG, THREE SISTERS is being aired in the UK on the cable channel Living TV tonight at 7.30. Don't know if you knew this already but I thought I would let you know. I'm gonna go check it out! :)

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » May 27th 2003, 5:35 am

Thanks for the tip-off! I don't have cable or digital or anything but I will find someone who does...
:)

seedman
Tino

Post by seedman » Jul 21st 2003, 9:29 am

Don't know if you have seen this before. There is some pretty good stuff about MSCL in there.

TalkCity - Transcript of Q & A session

http://www25.brinkster.com/ajlanger/talkcity.htm

Len

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Jul 21st 2003, 2:08 pm

Thanks for that Seedman -

I really enjoyed reading that interview. The Life of Brian will never be the same again!
Mom. Streamers?

EdGe5K1

Post by EdGe5K1 » Dec 24th 2003, 3:14 am

AJ Langer is gonna be in a new sitcom called Platonically Correct, it was supposed to air in Sept, but they had to revamp the show

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Dec 24th 2003, 6:03 am

EdGe5K1 wrote:AJ Langer is gonna be in a new sitcom called Platonically Correct, it was supposed to air in Sept, but they had to revamp the show
And with no success. The show hasn't been picked up, even after the second reshoot of the pilot. :(

From the futoncitic:
PLATONICALLY INCORRECT (ABC) - ABC has officially passed on the comedy pilot which recently shot a second episode in the hopes of securing a series order. Tom Everett Scott ("Philly") and A.J. Langer ("My So-Called Life") starred in the comedy, which revolved around two best friends of the opposite sex who work together as co-hosts of a "Trading Spaces"-type cable access show but have kept things strictly platonic. Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah ("Freaks and Geeks," "Just Shoot Me") were the duo behind the project, which was being considered for the network's midseason schedule.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofut ... re&id=6299