A.J. Langer on Seinfeld (1996)

Discuss former or new projects of A.J. Langer ("Rayanne Graff") in this forum.
NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

A.J. Langer on Seinfeld (1996)

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Jan 31st 2002, 2:25 pm

Has anyone ever seen the episode where MSCL's Rayanne appears?

The episode is slated to air on the WFLD station in Chicago from 6:30 to 7 p.m. Central time, if you're in the area and want to tune in.

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: A.J. Langer in Seinfeld

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Feb 2nd 2002, 3:29 am

SPOILERS

While I didn't catch all of this episode, I did catch most of it. It was weird seeing A.J. looking so normal. I don't mean this in a bad way, but I'm so used to the off-the-wall look of Rayanne or even the fun look that A.J. exhibits on Three Sisters. But in this Seinfeld episode, she's much more down to earth but with an airheaded quality about her. It's good to see, though, that she can stretch her acting abilities and not always play the rebel type.

chosephine
Jody Barsh

Post by chosephine » Feb 2nd 2002, 11:16 am

You know, I've seen almost every episode of Seinfeld, but I've never seen this one. Speaking of MSCL alums guest starring on TV shows, did anyone happen to catch Tom Irwin on CSI last Thursday? I only saw the very end but it looked like he was playing the "bad guy".

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Feb 5th 2002, 5:02 am

Well, chosephine, hopefully you'll catch this Seinfeld episode during the reruns. It sounds like you're a pretty big fan of that show, so what better way to enjoy connections to those two shows than to watch this episode?

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Feb 8th 2002, 12:23 am

I've seen that episode about 10 times, but only because Seinfeld has been in repeats for ages now, and I still wtahc it. AJ didn't get any good lines if I remember correctly. One of the weaker Seinfeld episodes actually. Not her fault, of course.

- jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com/

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Feb 8th 2002, 5:56 am

I am ashamed to say I don't watch Seinfield on a regular basis, so I couldn't discern the things that you did, dTheater. But it did seem that her character wasn't much in this show. It had to still be exciting for A.J. to land a guest role on a network show like Seinfeld.

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

A.J. Langer in Seinfeld: The Fatigues airs 8/2

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Aug 1st 2002, 8:31 am

Once again, this only applies to the Chicago area and those who get the WFLD feed, but I figured I would post this just in case you can catch it.

This episode is slated to air Friday, 8/2, on WFLD from 6:30 to 7 p.m. CST.

klee
Tino

Post by klee » Oct 8th 2002, 12:52 pm

all this talking about "the episode"...and no mention of which episode it is! ;)

someone wanna help out this Seinfeld-rerun junkie?

K

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 8th 2002, 1:33 pm

Klee,

Another Seinfeld junkie here! 8)

I just found a Seinfeld episode guide online and found out which episode she was in.

It was in Season 8. I'm sure you've seen this one, as I know I've seen it in reruns a few times. Do you remember when Elaine was the boss at J. Peterman because Mr. Peterman was off traveling on one of his crazy escapades? Well, there's an episode where Elaine wants to fire this loony mailroom guy but she chickens out, so she just keeps promoting him and he sits in on the "idea" meetings. He wears fatigues all the time. He's very creepy and he has this power over Elaine!

Well, that's the main story of the episode, to help you remember. AJ Langer plays a young girl who is dating Jerry, I think...and she wants George to "mentor" her, something about risk management. George bluffs his way through mentoring her. Anyway, she plays a real straight-laced, young professional type. It is quite weird to see her like this!

Does this ring a bell to you?

SCF
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 8th 2002, 1:36 pm

SCF is correct - the mentor episode!

:o

another seinfeld junkie,
candygirl

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 8th 2002, 1:40 pm

Candy...could we have ANY more in common? :shock: We seem to share many obsessions in tv, movies and music!

:)
SCF
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 8th 2002, 2:02 pm

I think that we were separated at birth!

:lol:

Maybe we should do that little Barry quiz from High Fidelity to make sure.

:wink:

klee
Tino

Post by klee » Oct 8th 2002, 3:41 pm

okay, so now I totally have to catch that ep when it reruns. I have seen it...and of course, now, with the brain nudge, I'm thinking I do remember AJ. Hindsight being 20/20 and all that. ;)

thanks for answering!
K

klee
Tino

more mscl and seinfeld

Post by klee » Oct 8th 2002, 4:00 pm

was just skimming my saved email files for some good mscl quotes, when I came upon the following excerpt:

7/28/98
(e. wrote:)
>I tried to watch it but my mom liked something else that was on at the same time, and she thought MSCL
>was stupid, and I didn't like it enough at that point to make a fuss.

(klee answered:)
It was, at one point, on opposite Seinfeld, which my mom was totally into. (I had never seen it, I got into Seinfeld way late.) I taped every [mscl] episode, though, and my mom watched them all and loved them. I so clearly remember seeing 'So-Called Angels' (the Christmas episode) for the first time and coming out of my room just drained, tears all over my face, eyes red. Mom was in the kitchen (watching NBC) and gave me such a look of compassion, it was very sweet.

thought I'd share, given the current Seinfeld theme of this thread. :)
love,
Klee.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: A.J. Langer on Seinfeld (1996)

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Feb 16th 2011, 6:46 am

Although I didn't think about this at the time that the episode originally aired, now I think it's kind of strange that A.J. was 22 when she was on Seinfeld, but her character was dating Kenny Bania, one of Jerry's comedian contemporaries. When this episode aired, Jerry Seinfeld was 42, the actor playing Bania waas 37 (as was Jason Alexander), Julia Louis-Dreyfus was 35, and Michael Richards was 47. Bania was waaaaaay older than Abby (A.J.'s character). At the time (season 8), the show was a huge success so it must have been really exciting for her to guest star.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?