A.J. Langer engaged (2004)

Discuss former or new projects of A.J. Langer ("Rayanne Graff") in this forum.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

A.J. Langer engaged (2004)

Post by Sascha » Apr 16th 2004, 11:37 am

Via Harold Wexler from the planet-claire list:

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/dis ... PK=9601475
'BAYWATCH BABE' TO MARRY DEVON LORD

09:00 - 15 April 2004

The heir to a Devon stately home is set to marry American actress Allison Joy Langer. Sarah Pitt reports on the society match of the year

The future Earl of Devon has delighted his family by announcing his engagement to an American actress and Baywatch star he met in Las Vegas.

Charles Peregrine Courtenay, known as Charlie, became engaged to Allison Joy Langer, his girlfriend of nearly two years, on April 4.

Charlie, who has the courtesy title of Lord Courtenay, and who has three older sisters, is currently at home in Devon at magnificent Powderham Castle, near Exeter, which he will one day inherit.

There he is proudly introducing his bride-to-be, known as AJ, to his parents, the Earl and Countess of Devon, and his family.

Lord Courtenay, who is 28, and his bride-to-be, who is 29, hope to be married next year in Los Angeles where they plan to make their home for the next few years.

Lord Courtenay recently passed his bar exams in the United States where he settled after meeting Miss Langer in Las Vegas, Nevada, in June 2002 when she was on holiday and he was playing rugby in an international contest.

The couple are intending to return to Powderham in a few years to take over the reins running the family estate, which is developing a name for itself as a major concert venue as well as a tourist attraction.

Miss Langer, whose first break came in 1991 when she starred as one of the swimsuit-clad lovelies in Baywatch, is a familiar face on television screens in the US.

She came to prominence in 1994 when she took the role of Rayanne Graff in the award-winning TV series My So-called Life, which has been a hit beyond America.

Her love of surfing is genuine - and not just for the Baywatch cameras - particularly after she discovered that it enabled her to overcome fibromyalgia, a medical condition she was diagnosed with in 1995, a syndrome that affects the soft tissue of the body.

Surfing is something which both she and Lord Courtenay enjoy - they became engaged while on their surfboards off Los Angeles.

"It is fantastic," said a delighted Lord Courtenay yesterday from Powderham. "It is the best news ever."

When the couple met in Las Vegas, there was an instant attraction. At that time, Lord Courtenay was working as a barrister in London.

"She is a very beautiful girl and we got on immediately," he said. "Then for a year it was a long-distance relationship. I was still over here."

He gave up his London life and headed off to California to be with Miss Langer, swotting for his US bar exams - which he passed in February this year - so that he could practise as a barrister in the States.

"We got engaged sitting on surfboards off the coast of Los Angeles," said Lord Courtenay.

The significance of the date they happened upon - the fourth day of the fourth month, 2004 - only occurred to them afterwards, but they are taking it as a lucky sign.

"It was complete chance," he said. "We didn't realise it until afterwards. We will be getting married in Los Angeles, probably next year."

And while the wedding won't be a Devon one, the diamond engagement ring that Lord Courtenay has presented to his bride-to-be certainly is.

"She has a family heirloom," he said. "It was given by my great-grandfather to my great-grandmother in 1906."

He said he had enjoyed basking in the family congratulations over Easter back in Devon.

"They are very pleased," he said. "It has been a lovely week here.

"Everyone has been pleased and all the family are down."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 16th 2004, 2:45 pm

Congrats to AJ! My only nitpick with the article is the following:
Miss Langer, whose first break came in 1991 when she starred as one of the swimsuit-clad lovelies in Baywatch, is a familiar face on television screens in the US.
She guest starred on Baywatch a few times, but I'm almost certain she never actually wore a swimsuit on the show. I remember the jewel smuggling doll episode, and I don't remember seeing her in a swimsuit. Then again, I'm old and I don't remember things very well so I could be wrong! The writer kind of made it sound like she was one of the Baywatch babes jogging down the beach in slow motion alongside Pamela Anderson, which we know isn't true!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 16th 2004, 3:45 pm

candygirl wrote:She guest starred on Baywatch a few times, but I'm almost certain she never actually wore a swimsuit on the show. I remember the jewel smuggling doll episode, and I don't remember seeing her in a swimsuit. Then again, I'm old and I don't remember things very well so I could be wrong! The writer kind of made it sound like she was one of the Baywatch babes jogging down the beach in slow motion alongside Pamela Anderson, which we know isn't true!
Yeah, it's the usual yellow press blurp. Much more important for her career were her appearences in "My So-Called Life", "Escape From L.A." or even "People under the Stairs". But this "Baywatch Babe" headline "sells" much better, I guess.

But now im curious too. I think she appeared once in a swimsuit in Baywatch. Not those red lifeguard ones, but something like that...

<sab digging through endless directories of former mscl cast member images>

ah, here it is.

sorry for the bad resolutions - those screenshots were made back in the days of analogue tv and windows95...

oh, and here's something from "Meet the Deedles":

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 16th 2004, 9:20 pm

Yowza! Believe me when I say I am not disappointed that your research proved me wrong!

:D

That black and white swimsuit it SO early 90s - awesome! And I think the bikini shots speak for themselves. Are those from the first time she was on Baywatch? I have never seen those episodes, only the multiple name character episode where she had the doll (which seems to be on every time I catch the reruns - I know I have seen that episode three or four times).

:mrgreen:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Apr 17th 2004, 11:19 am

Well, congratulations to AJ!!! And to think that eventually she'll be a resident of sunny Devon (a beautiful part of the world) and ensconced in 'society' life. :D

I've got to say, having seen those screenshots, that's some body. :wink:

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Apr 17th 2004, 11:40 pm

Congrats to A.J.!!!!! I think it`s funny how she`ll live sometime in the futre in "Devon." Devon Gummersall , Devon Odessa....I just found it ironic. They look very cute together and he seems like a really nice guy. Things seem to be going very well for her.
There`s Something About My Life....

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 18th 2004, 8:09 am

candygirl wrote: Are those from the first time she was on Baywatch? I have never seen those episodes, only the multiple name character episode where she had the doll (which seems to be on every time I catch the reruns - I know I have seen that episode three or four times).
Yeah, those were screenshots from the '91 episode "The Trophy". I also found screenshots from the '94 "Doll" episode where she looks a bit older. This episode was probably shot in the time between the first and second episode of MSCL - she looks almost like "Rayanne" here :)

Oh, I just noticed that geocities took my very old MSCL page down with lots of mscl screenshots - the one where I also started the fanfiction page in 1996. Geez, eight years already! :shock: RIP http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/2007 - you will be missed ... or probably not ;-)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 9th 2005, 10:50 pm

I read elsewhere that there are pictures of A.J.'s wedding in this week's issue of People (with the runaway bride on the cover), but I haven't been to the grocery store yet this week.

You can also view her husband's family's estate Powderham Castle.

Knacki
Frozen Embryo

New cool pic

Post by Knacki » May 17th 2005, 2:45 pm

Thought this was a cool one.
Katy Nack
I Love My So-Called Life !!!