A.J. Langer in Eyes (2005)

Discuss former or new projects of A.J. Langer ("Rayanne Graff") in this forum.
Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

A.J. Langer in Eyes (2005)

Post by Sascha » Mar 28th 2004, 11:59 am

A.J. Langer has joined the cast of the new ABC production "Eyes". So far, only the production on the pilot episode has begun and it's unclear whether this show will be picked up. But at least she's back in the headlines.

The show "revolves around a high-tech security firm that operates along the fringes of the law in order to affect the outcome of a host of civil and criminal matters."

More info: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/gofut ... ch&id=eyes
Last edited by Sascha on May 18th 2004, 10:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

A.J. Langer Pilot

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Apr 12th 2004, 10:03 am

I hope it works out for her. She seems to have a trail of failed tv pilots or shows. Maybe this one will be a keeper.
There`s Something About My Life....

crispy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by crispy » Apr 14th 2004, 12:08 am

The show itself doesn't seem that interesting, to me, but if it gets picked up I'll watch anyway...for A.J. :)

I regret missing out on It's Like You Know and Three Sisters ... I'm not going to miss anything else she does!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: A.J. Langer Pilot

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 14th 2004, 1:21 am

MyLifeIsBrians wrote:I hope it works out for her. She seems to have a trail of failed tv pilots or shows. Maybe this one will be a keeper.
I don't know that I use that exact description. It's Like, You Know was a mid-season replacement so it had a shortened first season but a full second season. Three Sisters began as a mid-season replacement and still had two full seasons. The television landscape is littered with so many shows that never make it past the first season (or past the first month, as evidenced by good shows like Wonderfalls and bad shows like girls club), so the fact that both of these shows made it to the second season is pretty good. As for MSCL only being on one season, I still can't describe it as a failed tv show - it's just too damn good. If you judge by quality, not quantity, MSCL is one of the few shows that didn't fail :mrgreen:

I hope this ends up being a good show. I am already loving the camp factor of the cast - Laura Leighton from Melrose Place, Garcelle Beauvais from Models Inc, Tim Daly from Wings, and Natalie Zea from Passions. Awesome!

Interestingly, another cast member, Reg Rogers, was in Igby Goes Down with Claire Danes, and Rick Worthy appeared on Felicity, which Devon Gummersall also guest starred on.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

grim4746
Krakow

Post by grim4746 » Apr 14th 2004, 4:14 am

wow that is some impressive camp factor for the cast of the show! that's enough for me to check it out. I hope this show does get picked up and lasts for a little while anyway.
I'd love to see Laura Leighton working again, she's a lot of fun. And I love Natalie Zea, I think she'd do great in a comedic role though. And of course AJ Langer is wonderful. I definitely consider "Three Sisters" to be a failed tv show in every possible sense. It was painful to watch and not because it was so beautiful. I couldn't bring myself to watch it even for AJ and Dyan Cannon and at the time I didn't have cable and only got 2 other channells. For some reason my roommate loved it though.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 14th 2004, 2:52 pm

I can't to see Laura Leighton again too - she was so hilarious as Sydney on Melrose Place! Whenever I remember she is married to Doug Savant, I think, "But Matt is GAY!"

:lol:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Re: A.J. Langer Pilot

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Apr 14th 2004, 4:47 pm

candygirl wrote:
MyLifeIsBrians wrote:I hope it works out for her. She seems to have a trail of failed tv pilots or shows. Maybe this one will be a keeper.
I don't know that I use that exact description. It's Like, You Know was a mid-season replacement so it had a shortened first season but a full second season. Three Sisters began as a mid-season replacement and still had two full seasons. The television landscape is littered with so many shows that never make it past the first season (or past the first month, as evidenced by good shows like Wonderfalls and bad shows like girls club), so the fact that both of these shows made it to the second season is pretty good. As for MSCL only being on one season, I still can't describe it as a failed tv show - it's just too damn good. If you judge by quality, not quantity, MSCL is one of the few shows that didn't fail :mrgreen:

I hope this ends up being a good show. I am already loving the camp factor of the cast - Laura Leighton from Melrose Place, Garcelle Beauvais from Models Inc, Tim Daly from Wings, and Natalie Zea from Passions. Awesome!

Interestingly, another cast member, Reg Rogers, was in Igby Goes Down with Claire Danes, and Rick Worthy appeared on Felicity, which Devon Gummersall also guest starred on.
Thats true. There are a lot of shows that do not make it past one season which is unfortunate for some. I suppose my judgement is on Quantity.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Apr 16th 2004, 5:44 am

The plot setup sounds intriguing, and I like A.J. and Tim Daly. The casting does look wacky, but it could be another quirky sleeper hit.

:)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » May 18th 2004, 9:47 am

Good news! "Eyes" has been picked up by ABC today. Any bets how long this show will air before ABC cancels it? ;-)

It will start in midseason, time and slot are not known yet.

“Eyes”

(one-hour drama) -- When you're in trouble or faced with an insurmountable problem… When you can't risk adverse publicity or turn to the cops... When you've got everything to lose, but can still afford their fees... You turn to Judd Risk Management, a 21st century P.I. firm whose job is to make their clients' problems go away, quickly and quietly.
With each case able to destroy a company, topple a personal fortune, or change the face of governments, this isn't just a business; it's a deadly game with real victims. Founder Harlan Judd has recruited a team whose personal dramas are as colorful as some of their targets. But he is an honest man in a world that demands unorthodox methods and a willingness to bend the law. From the producer of “Fastlane” comes a drama full of bluffs, blackmails, and intrigue.
Cast:
Tim Daly (“Wings,” “Stephen King’s Storm of the Century”): Harlan Judd
Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon (“NYPD Blue”): Nora Shea
Reg Rogers (“Analyze That”): Danny Agermeyer
Natalie Zea (“Passions”): Trish Agermeyer
A.J. Langer (“My So-Called Life”): Meg Bardo
Rick Worthy (“Collateral Damage”): Chris Didion
Laura Leighton (“Melrose Place”): Leslie Town
Eric Mabius (“The L Word”): Jeff McCann
Credits:
Executive Producer/Writer: John McNamara (“Fastlane,” “Profit”)
Pilot Director: John Amiel
Production Entities: McNamara Paper Products, Warner Bros. Television

Yes, A.J. has now dark hair - I couldn't find a better picture than that:
http://www.abcmedianet.com/shared/ams/a ... 70_thu.jpg

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » May 19th 2004, 7:56 am

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » May 19th 2004, 3:59 pm

I hope this is a long lasting and excellent show millions watch every week. Congrats to Langer!

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » May 20th 2004, 4:30 am

Reading the blurb does make me want to watch the show... I hope this one works for AJ - I find it kind of upsetting that her co-stars (claire, jared I mean) have gone onto much bigger and better things, and she is still working on it. In my opinion she is just as good an actress and I hope this takes off. Especially with her illness kind of interrupting her career.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Sep 11th 2004, 5:58 pm

I just had the chance to see the pilot episode of "Eyes", which won't start on ABC until January 2005. My opinion: This show won't last long. It's just another crime/lawyer show with excentric characters and there are already too many shows of this kind on tv, I don't think another one can make it, especially not on ABC. It's a bit like "The Practice", only with more story turns and more complicated characters.

Most of the cast (and their characters) is mediocre - the only highlights are Tim Daly who portrays perfectly Harlan Judd, the ice-cold but nice, sharp and smart founder of this investigation company -- and A.J. Langer who is damn cute in her role as the new greenhorn in the firm. She plays a young woman who studied advanced kryptograhy(!) and just got the chance to join the P.I.s in their field work. Of course, she's very new to all this investigation business. But she'll probably become the only friend Harlan can trust in the future, because right behind his back there's a intrigue going on in his company against him.

ABC writes in its press-release "Founder Harlan Judd has recruited a team whose personal dramas are as colorful as some of their targets" - erm, yeah, well, that's a way to see it :?. In my opinion their "personal dramas" are cheap written character backgrounds to make them more interesting ("uuh, everone has a dark past or hidden secrets"), but they make them only unbelievable and stereotypical. One was once admitted to a mental hospital, another one is having an affair with his best friend's wife, another one is a mole for a rival company. They added some nice story surprises into the mix, just like "Alias" or "24", where everybody is trying to hide something -- and there's a good cliffhanger at the end of the pilot episode. This could be the only thing which could keep viewers interested.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope that this show makes it - A.J. Langer really deserves a successful show and she does a very good job in "Eyes" - but I don't see a serious chance for this show to get more than 13 episodes. Of course, a lot depends on the time slot it will get (ABC hasn't announced the exact airdate yet) and maybe it can profit from a powerful lead-in like "Lost" or one of ABC's crime shows. But I somehow get the feeling this show won't find enough viewers.

sarahr_81
Overlooked Sibling

Post by sarahr_81 » Sep 16th 2004, 3:41 pm

hopefully this one will work out for her, i do remember watching three sisters.

wicked
Catalano

Post by wicked » Sep 16th 2004, 4:26 pm

she one of those actresses I will always watch . I hope it works out for her, she's really very good, but getting a show even to pilot is an amazing feat! I know from which I speak! My hubster and I have a number of shows being looked at, one got optioned.... and were still trying to get the damn thing to pilot!