A.J. Langer in Eyes (2005)

Discuss former or new projects of A.J. Langer ("Rayanne Graff") in this forum.
Gilly
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Gilly » Apr 12th 2005, 8:43 pm

Eyes has tough competition. It's going to be hard for it to survive in that slot. I don't have a lot of faith in ABC renewing good shows with poor ratings for some reason.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 14th 2005, 2:32 am

It's not just the tough competition (L&O and CSI:NY) that worries me - it's that ABC has been promoting the hell out of Grey's Anatomy (as well as continuing to promote Lost and Alias) but they are barely bothering to do short promos for Eyes. It seems like they have already given up. Although I agree with their inital decision to air Eyes on Wednesdays because it is a good fit with Lost and Alias, I wonder what would happen if Eyes switched timeslots with Grey's Anatomy. A lot of crap shows benefit from good lead-ins (witness most of NBC's Must See TV shows over the past decade - Veronica's Closet for example).
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 26th 2005, 5:10 am

On May 4th, ABC will replace "Eyes" with a special edition of "PRIMETIME LIVE". I hope this isn't the beginning of the end.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 26th 2005, 6:41 pm

Eyes will also not air on 5/18 due to the Alias two hour season finale

No word yet on 5/11.

The Alias thing is not a surprise because IIRC, ABC had only scheduled Eyes to air eight episodes through 5/11. The 5/1-5/8 TV Guide arrived a few days ago, so when I get home I'll have to check and see if Eyes was listed to air 5/4.

ABC has not been promoting this show the way it promotes its other shows, which is evidenced by their website. If you click on "Tuesday," it has pictures of George Lopez, According to Jim, Rodney, and Blind Justice (which airs at 10pm). If you click on "Wednesday," it has pictures for Lost and Alias, but not Eyes. I guess I should just be glad that they still have a link on the main page for the show.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 26th 2005, 9:59 pm

The May 1-7 TV Guide does list Eyes airing on May 4, so ABC must have decided to replace it with Primetime Live fairly recently. Heh, the May 4th episode has Stephen Baldwin as a guest star, so I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that they aren't airing it.

:mrgreen:

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 27th 2005, 5:13 am

More details from the futoncritic:
ABC is expected to burn off the four remaining unaired installments of its freshman comedy "Complete Savages" on Friday nights beginning in June (exact date/time TBA) as well as any "Eyes" holdovers from the regular 2004-05 season. However, with repeats of "Lost" taking over the Wednesday, 10:00/9:00c hour starting June 1, its not clear in what time period the "Eyes" episodes would air.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=6884

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 27th 2005, 3:06 pm

The Primetime Live special airing next week centers around the American Idol controversy that has hit the media this week. More info available here. It looks like ABC is trying to cash in on all the rumors.

I guess I should just be glad that ABC is going to air the remaining Eyes episodes at all.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » May 7th 2005, 11:17 am

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=6893
LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- ABC's "Eyes" is the latest victim of May sweeps maneuvering, as the network has dropped the show's sole airing (Wednesday, May 11 at 10:00/9:00c) during the key 28-day period.

In its place the Alphabet has slated a last-minute "Supernanny" special in which star Jo Frost visits the families she's helped this past season and checks to see how their kids are doing.

The news marks the latest blow to "Eyes" already slim chance at renewal. Just 6.29 million viewers watched its most recent episode, putting it at 70th place of the 113 network programs that aired last week. "Eyes" nevertheless held 76.8% of its "Alias" lead-in (8.19 million). Considering "Alias" held just 59.6% of "Lost's" lead-in (13.75 million) that night, said retention is far from problematic by comparison.

Overall only five of the 13 produced episodes have aired thus far this season. Industry trade publications have indicated said installments will likely run this summer. As previously reported however (read the story), "Eyes" doesn't appear on ABC's preliminary June schedule meaning a July return is likely the earliest the show could return.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » May 9th 2005, 8:05 am

Argh, I like it, don't cancel it!

:?
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 9th 2005, 10:47 pm

And the Save Eyes campaign begins! So far, Tim Daly, Natalie Zea, Laura Leighton, and Doug Savant (now on Desperate Housewives, formerly of Melrose Place, and married to LL) have signed the petition.

MyLifeIsBrians
Yearbook Team

Post by MyLifeIsBrians » Jul 18th 2005, 9:45 am

I don`t think it got a lot of publicity because I can`t remember ever hearing or seeing this show on tv.
There`s Something About My Life....