A.J. Langer on Brooklyn South (1997-1998)

Discuss former or new projects of A.J. Langer ("Rayanne Graff") in this forum.
So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

A.J. Langer on Brooklyn South (1997-1998)

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 1st 2002, 4:12 am

What was the name of the cop show a couple seasons back which got so much hype because the pilot was so violent? There was a large gun battle where crooks and cops got shot and one cop died in a rather large pool of blood after being dragged inside the precinct to try and save him.

At any rate A. J. Langer was a semi-regular as the younger sister of one of the cops and he kind of looked out for her. The show didn't make it.

I seem to remember her having fairly prominent roles in at least two other series which died after <= 1 season.

As far as TV series work she seems to have had poor luck in getting a part in one that actually lasts. :?
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 1st 2002, 4:41 am

Can anyone beat "girls club" being cancelled after only two episodes though?

:lol:

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 1st 2002, 4:53 am

You're thinking of "Brooklyn South", a short lived Steven Bochco cop show. Never saw it myself, so I can't really comment on it.

A.J. also had lead roles in "It's Like, You Know..." and "Three Sisters"; both series died fast. I tried watching them at the time but couldn't seem to catch on, despite my big crush on miss Langer. :oops:

You can usually find these sort of things with a search at http://IMDB.com

Oh, and since you mention her, does anyone know how to pronounce A.J. Langer's last name? I know it seems obvious, but somehow it seems wrong if it rhymes with "wanker". Kinda hoping for some fancy trick to it, like "Lanzher" or "Lange-er". :D
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 2nd 2002, 5:31 am

candygirl wrote:Can anyone beat "girls club" being cancelled after only two episodes though?

:lol:
:shock: Holy cow!

Before the new season of crud showed up, i thought that this show might be one with potential just going by the basic premise and the vague ads. I was thinking only yesterday that i'd missed a couple and thought i'd watch the next one! :o

Must have really been crap! :P

I actually thought Brooklyn South was pretty fair. I thought A.J. Langer had finally found somewhere to hang out.
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Nov 2nd 2002, 3:14 pm

Brooklyn South was pretty decent, too. I think that was about 5 years ago.

Anybody remember a show called "Drexler's Class" with Dabney Coleman? It aired in the early 90s and for some reason, I remember watching a few episodes. I think that's about as long as it lasted. Ayway, she was a regular on that show also.

At 2 seasons, Three Sisters was her longest running series. Pretty sad. Maybe it was 2 and a half.

She was also a semi-regular on Coach during it's last season. AJ Langer is the death knell of all television series's.

And her last name: Lang-er.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 3rd 2002, 2:44 am

dTheater wrote:AJ Langer is the death knell of all television series's.
Heh, yeah, but we can still dream... :)
And her last name: Lang-er.
That's what I figured. Could be worse, I suppose.
A.J. Jingleheimer-Schmidt? :wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Nov 4th 2002, 11:16 am

I think with Friends and ER on the way out the other networks are trying everything and anything to have the next big show. If a show doesn't get ratings in the first one or two shows its gone. Try something else... should be just peachy for us views to try to get interested in anything...

Someday the networks will realize that neilson ratings are the biggest load of crap ever dumped on them... Why they haven't made a deal with Tivo and ReplayTV for stats that actually mean something I'll never understand...

As a note Push Nevada was the number 4 show with Tivo views, and it was pretty interesting, but was canceled for lack of viewership... of cource the fact that it was on at the same time as CSI wouldn't have anything to do with that....

But then I'm a geek and have two tivo's so I could watch both...
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 8th 2002, 3:58 am

dTheater wrote:Anybody remember a show called "Drexler's Class" with Dabney Coleman? It aired in the early 90s and for some reason, I remember watching a few episodes. I think that's about as long as it lasted. Ayway, she was a regular on that show also.
Other cast members on Drexell's Class - Jason Biggs (American Pie), Matthew Lawrence (Whoa Jr.), and Brittany Murphy (later in Clueless and most recently in 8 Mile with Eminem).

Who woulda thunk?

Maybe Drexell's Class will be the Diner of the 90's.

All I can say is GUTTENBERG!

:D