Wilson Cruz in Christina Aguilera video (2000)

Discuss former or new projects of Wilson Cruz ("Rickie Vasquez") in this forum.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Wilson Cruz in Christina Aguilera video (2000)

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 8th 2002, 7:40 pm

According to IMDB, Wilson Cruz appeared in Christina Aguilera's video for "What a Girl Wants" (apparently he was wearing a white shirt with green piping). Is there anyone who is an obsessive Christina fan who can confirm or deny this?
Last edited by Natasha (candygirl) on Dec 8th 2002, 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 8th 2002, 8:54 pm

Okay, I was able to find a screen capture so you decide: is this our Rickie?

http://www.clipland.com/Stills/94367232 ... pt1135.jpg

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 9th 2002, 4:47 am

candygirl wrote:Okay, I was able to find a screen capture so you decide: is this our Rickie?

http://www.clipland.com/Stills/94367232 ... pt1135.jpg
Looks like him....but to me it looks like him in MSCL. Admittedly i haven't tracked his career except for minor spottings here and there. And I don't think he looked like that in Oliver Stone's Nixon (great movie btw ;) )...

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 11th 2002, 7:26 pm

I agree; it looks just like him.

Did Ms. Aguilera ever release the video on DVD? It's worth a look.

-g

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 11th 2002, 7:32 pm

I found the answer to my own question...

The video is on the disc "Christina Aguilera - Genie Gets Her Wish", details can be found here.

Maybe a fan has the disc and can offer an assist? In the meantime, I'll see if I can find out about the video's production.

-g

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: Wilson Cruz & Christina Aguilera

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Dec 13th 2002, 2:48 pm

Candygirl, it sure looks like MSCL's Rickie in that still, so hopefully someone can find out further details on this. If it is indeed him, I wonder if this was a one-shot thing or if he has done a number of music videos. Anyone have any idea?
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 13th 2002, 3:49 pm

Isn't there ANYONE on this forum who is willing to admit that they love Christina Aguilera and have all her stuff so that we can find out if Rickie really is in that video?

:wink:

We won't judge you.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 13th 2002, 4:01 pm

candygirl wrote:Isn't there ANYONE on this forum who is willing to admit that they love Christina Aguilera and have all her stuff so that we can find out if Rickie really is in that video?

:wink:

We won't judge you.
YES I DO!

IT IS HIM!! DON'T HATE ME!!

...did anyone buy that? :?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 13th 2002, 4:11 pm

Uhhhh, no.

I'm gonna need some proof, like maybe your Christina Aguilera Fan Club Membership Card?

:twisted:

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 13th 2002, 5:39 pm

Make him sing a few of her tunes... that'll convince me. :D

-g

EDIT: I just had an idea; My brother subscribes to Netflix. Maybe I can rent the DVD and get some screen caps off of it.

I just have to convince him to do it...

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Dec 16th 2002, 12:43 pm

Isn't there ANYONE on this forum who is willing to admit that they love Christina Aguilera
Sorry I can't stand her! She tries to play off how she grew up in the R&B lifestyle when in fact she grew up in Wexford PA (its between Butler and Pittsburgh), which is (pardon my non-PC comment) white suburbia!

Now of course theres also the whole issue that I can't stand most of the crap the RIAA forces on us so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt. :oops:
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 16th 2002, 3:07 pm

I agree - her recent makeover would be laughable if it wasn't so skanky. When she went to the MTV awards show this summer, she had this little bandana covering her boobs, a little skirt barely containing her ass, and she kept trying to talk like a gangsta. I was cracking up because it was so ridiculous, but apparently it's her new persona. Her excuse? She doesn't want to be "fake" and pretend to be something she isn't or fit into the cookie cutter image that the record label likes her to be. Because being a dirty whore is much better. I see.

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Dec 16th 2002, 3:28 pm

Ya... heres a story for ya... I was at a buddies house one evening. This guy has a 19 year old daughter (he's in his late 30 and seperated, hense the reason he now hangs out with a bunch of 25 to 30 year olds). Anyway were watching tv and he clicks on to a Brittney Video, and starts saying some rather non-pc comments about her. About this time his daughter walks in to the room and over hears what he's sayin. To quote: "Dad!!! How would you feel if some guy was saying those kinda things about me?" He gets a really embarrassed look and the rest of us are trying just not to bust out laughing! :oops:

Its fightening how a little perspective can alter your whole view on life!
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 18th 2002, 7:36 pm

I agree - her recent makeover would be laughable if it wasn't so skanky.
"Skanky" is a polite understatement. After glancing through the new Maxim out of sheer curiosity, I'm no longer simply disinterested in her - I'm just plain turned off.

She's supposed to be attractive now?

Ugh.

-g

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by mglenn » Dec 20th 2002, 2:05 pm

Yup just got my copy of maxim and was lookin through it last night... her comments were laughable! And as you stated "Skanky" is a polite understatement when refering to the pictures.