Wilson Cruz on Ally McBeal (1997)

Discuss former or new projects of Wilson Cruz ("Rickie Vasquez") in this forum.
NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Wilson Cruz on Ally McBeal (1997)

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Feb 23rd 2002, 3:10 pm

Has anyone ever caught MSCL's Rickie's turn in this one, which deals with Ally and the effect that a transvestite prostitute has on her?

The Boy to the World episode is slated to air Monday, 2/25, on FX from 11 p.m. to midnight Eastern.

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: Wilson Cruz in Ally McBeal

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Feb 26th 2002, 2:03 am

SPOILERS

Maybe I just had MSCL on the brain, but this episode reminded me a great deal of what Rickie went through at Xmas. Perhaps it was the MSCL episode that inspired this guest spot. Granted, Wilson's character on Ally was a transvestite, but we still had persecution of someone for gender bending, the family that was nonresponsive and ultimately no Band-aid that could really fix things.

I was surprised at how good Wilson looked as a girl. The characters on the show kept commenting about Stephanie's great legs and look, and Wilson definitely played the woman role so well that when the wig came off, it was almost too much of a shocking change.

I've never watched this show before, but I found the episode to be pretty heavy for a show that I thought was more comedic than anything. Maybe that was because this was a holiday-themed episode, but it was a little too heavy for my tastes.

Re: Wilson Cruz in Ally McBeal

Post by Guest » Feb 26th 2002, 6:20 pm

I just watched it last night, too, although I've seen parts of it previously. As one who occasionally watches Aly McBeal I can tell you that this was indeed a heavier episode than most. It's usually more along the lines of a gospel choir singing "Short People" during a service: that kind of quirky humor. But it does mix some very serious and sometimes depressing elements in with the off-beat humor that has you ROTFL.

Bill

starbug
Lifehead

Wilson Cruz in Ally McBeal

Post by starbug » Oct 25th 2002, 4:52 am

This was a while ago - in the first series of Ally McBeal, Wilson played a drag queen that Ally got to know quite well and he made her a dress.

Anyway, the episode featured loads of Wilson. Sadly, he was killed in the end....

Weirdly, I just remembered this.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Wilson Cruz in Ally McBeal

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Oct 25th 2002, 6:08 am

You can read previous comments on this at http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=389 . And ITA that it was a sad episode, but Wilson played the role quite well.